Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

I know it's been asked before, but UPDATE

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 43 Replies
Are tongue piercings painful?

I did it! Didn't hurt at all, but, apparently, I'm a bleeder. Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I only have ears and belly button pierced, so bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Mine wasn't. I didn't swell either (I guess I was lucky!) in fact I was out eating a cheeseburger a few hours later.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Not real painful. My first they told me it feels like a hot drop of water on your tounge, and that is kind of how it felt. I think I am a wuss when it comes to pain and I have had mine done twice.

Pugsmuggler
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM
I do not have personal experience, but the 4 girls who were in my freshman math study group all got theirs done together, they said it's not painful during but the swelling after is a little uncomfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diamond8
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:54 AM

i had mine done when i was 19.(6yrs ago)...didnt hurt too..it swelled at bit..nothing horrible..butttt..i ended up taking it out...just got in the way lol.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I was eating a bagle the morning after my first one. May have taken me 2 hrs but I did it. After getting it redone the guy was telling me about someone eating spaghetti and it got wraped around the barbell and went down his throat. He was choking trying to pull the noodle out.

Quoting blondie.mom:

Mine wasn't. I didn't swell either (I guess I was lucky!) in fact I was out eating a cheeseburger a few hours later.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I once worked with a girl in a call center who had hers done.  She talked funny for a few weeks but that was about it.

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Oh yea the most painful part to me was the forceps that they hold your tounge with.

blondie.mom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Lol that sounds like something out of a cartoon! I wonder if anyone was there to see it, woulda been interesting to see..

Quoting barrelracer1699:

I was eating a bagle the morning after my first one. May have taken me 2 hrs but I did it. After getting it redone the guy was telling me about someone eating spaghetti and it got wraped around the barbell and went down his throat. He was choking trying to pull the noodle out.

Quoting blondie.mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok. I think I'm sold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN