Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families
Hi ladies, I have a question. My SO is in the army, and right now he is stationed in Colorado Springs while I'm in northern Michigan. We want to get married, but I will not be able to move there due to a child custody agreement here in Michigan. He will be moving back here in about a year.
So I guess my question is can we get married but not live together? I'm not sure of the military rules and he is away for training right now, so he hasn't been able to ask anyone yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Replies (11-11):
Keyonsmom
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Quoting Mrs.Greco:

Its not necessarily about commitment. Im committed to my dh but weve spent alot of our marriage apart due to deployments, dry docks, schooling etc. And the distance doesnt make me live him less it doesnt make me wanna cheat it makes me live my life. Which means when we are together we have to adjust he has to get used to being back with the family and i have to adjust to having my dh actually in the home. Distance gets frustrating and lonely and no it isnt for everyone. Ive had a baby alone since my husband was deployed so i know what the distance can do i raised my boys alone at time. So its hard to say what can happen in a relationship when your apart.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)