Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The rumors, man! THE RUMORS!!

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM
  • 16 Replies

Newsflash........I'm black. LOL. I also wear weave and my real hair is natural. I bring this all up because of these rumors. I keep seeing people say "oh, chicks won't be allowed to wear weave anymore. It's in the new regulation, I saw it. It just hasn't been implemented yet". Okay, I've searched a couple of times for this new regualtion and still haven't found anything about the change. I honestly haven't even seen anything about that being put into the new regulation at all, so where is this even coming from? I'm going to look again, but I think people are just stirring the rumor pot because it's October and still nothing. If I'm wrong, ANYBODY feel free to tell me cause I would really like to see where they say that we're (females) won't be allowed to wear that doesn't grow fro our scalps. =/

My kind of vent is over

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I have never heard of anything like that. Sounds like someone being stoopid.

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I haven't heard if it... My unit would be in trouble because most of our females wear weave.
mama_of_tw0
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM
I hear about a lot of dumb shit that's going to be "regulation" that never does. It's irritating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I haven't heard if it... My unit would be in trouble because most of our females wear weave.

I've heard it a couple of times yet I've seen nothing. Someone even told me to look up the new 670-1, which I did. And guess what came up. Not a cotton pickin' thing. Chick said that she even saw it. WTF was she looking at?

Tish_Hughes
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

I have never heard of anything like that. Sounds like someone being stoopid.

I think so, too. I don't know how it would be for the MC, though. But they keep saying this about the army changes. I think people are going off of what other people are telling them and not doing the research themselves. If it's 1 thing I've learned since being in the army is to research when you think something isn't right or just for you own information. Hell, I also thought that the no hands in the pockets just because rule was one that was never in writing. Nope, it's actually in the regulation, LOL.

AbriCrazy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I've not seen nor heard of this being implemented in, At all. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sailorwifenmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM
This is the first I've heard of anything like that. I know they say it can't be "faddish" but that just means you can't dye your hair green or do like some girl at my ds's school did, which was shave her head then put nair on it to stop it from growing back (she apparently burned and scarred her scalp, preventing it from growing back naturally - they're sending her to a dermotologist and made her buy a wig...)

But a weave isn't some fad style! To say no weave is about as stupid as saying no perms or straighteners or any other "mainstream" hair treatment!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM
6 moms liked this

Unbeweaveable.

cocoroo
by Coco on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Okay, so white girl question (the only thing I know about weaves, I learned by watching "Good Hair"), can you pull your hair up just like you would if you didn't have a weave?  I'm just curious because in your profile picture your hair looks really long and thick and it looks like it would be a lot of hair to pull up for when you are in uniform.

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I've heard it a couple of times yet I've seen nothing. Someone even told me to look up the new 670-1, which I did. And guess what came up. Not a cotton pickin' thing. Chick said that she even saw it. WTF was she looking at?

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

No truth to the rumor as far as I can see (ie Google)...  Dh hasn't heard of anything either.  Not that he would be specifically listening for it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)