Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Non vaxing military moms

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hi :) my name is Jessica. I am very new to the whole military thing. My bf is AF and just got orders to Italy in feb 2014. By then we plan on being more than just boyfriend/girlfriend. My question is regarding my children not being vaccinated. When we go to move to Italy will there be a problem? Do any of you non vaxing moms have any tips or advise for me on how to go about getting them exemptions or anything else necessary so they will not have to receive any vaccines?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JennyCaps
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 1:38 PM
http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=4388&topic_id=10283565

Sorry can't make clickable but looks like it shouldn't be a problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 2:08 PM
Thank you!

Quoting JennyCaps:

http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=4388&topic_id=10283565

Sorry can't make clickable but looks like it shouldn't be a problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Clh1989
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Do you mind making that clicky for me please?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:44 PM

we do selective, soo our kid gets Tetanus, Diptheria, and Polio:)  We are still debating the MMR, but as of now, everything else is a no-go due to religous purposes:)  good luck!!! 

Clh1989
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM
ShaneManic
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Speaking from personal experience here about the MMR.  My father was to lazy to bother with that one when I was a kid and falsely claimed religious reasons so that I could go to school instead of just taking me to the Dr.  (LONG story)  Anyway, I'm now 28 and pregnant and have NO Rubella immunity.  There have been a few outbreaks of German Measles (Rubella) the next town over from me and this summer was very scary for me to be pregnant and have to do ANYTHING in the town where the outbreaks have been.  I'm getting the MMR as soon as my baby is born next month but until then we're both at risk for serious problems if I were to get Rubella.  I understand religous reason to not vaccinate, but from experience I know I would rather have had the vax than have had to deal with this kind of fear.

Quoting Anonymous:

we do selective, soo our kid gets Tetanus, Diptheria, and Polio:)  We are still debating the MMR, but as of now, everything else is a no-go due to religous purposes:)  good luck!!! 

MrsRudd
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

We are stationed in Holland and not once have we been asked for vaccinations records. We did the EFMP screening and were cleared. Both of my boys are not vaccinated. We have had no problems :) Each country has different requirements. As for sending them to school or daycare the military allows medical/religous waivers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)