Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont want to decorate

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 15 Replies

Is that weird?  i live alone and my sons wont be here for christmas.  I have no desire to put up a tree, lights, play xmas music or anything this year.  My son thinks its a sign of depression.  WELL OF COURSE I"M DEPRESSED!  but thats not the reason.  I just really dont see a reason too.   do y'all think that there is something wrong with that?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
My inlaws were like that when my dh(we weren't married yet) was deployed for xmas. I bought my mil a little fiber optic tree since I couldn't handle the no decorating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope.  I wouldn't want to drag all that holiday crap out either...  One year Dh was going to be gone over the holidays and I didn't want to lug anything out - I bought a 2 foot pre lit, pre decorated tree and called it good.  That's only cause I have kids.  If I didn't I wouldn't have bothered...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I'm no longer require to decorate doesn't mean I'm depressed just I just want or feel like it. 

Why are you depressed?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:14 PM
We aren't decorating, either. We're getting ready to pull up stakes, so I'm packing up the house. Our 22 year old daughter just got her own place, so I'm giving her all the Christmas decor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HarrisonMD
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Not really....DH is in Korea and my two LO's are too young plus we don't have anywhere to put up the tree unless I do some major furniture moving! lol...my mother may put up a few decorations, but other than that...nah.

adoptivemomof1
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I don't blame you! My parents don't decorate now - they did when we were kids and I expect that I won't decorate for the holidays once our little one is grown. After a while I get why some people don't see the point and there is nothing wrong with that!

Lizzys_mommy13
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM

Nothing wrong with that. If nobody is going to see it, then what's the point really? It's just extra work for you. lol My parents don't decorate any more either. Since I left for the military (I'm out now, but still not home), my brothers don't visit often and they go to my grandparents and aunts house to celebrate, they see no reason to.

JulesFairy
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Just in case you want to put up a tree. WalMart had one of those living room decals. It was 4.00 and it was of a Christmas Tree. I would say its about 3 1/2 4 feet tall. Just in case you wanted a tree without having a tree. Its what I was going to do if my hubby ended up not being able to make it home.

Quoting HarrisonMD:

Not really....DH is in Korea and my two LO's are too young plus we don't have anywhere to put up the tree unless I do some major furniture moving! lol...my mother may put up a few decorations, but other than that...nah.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sailorwifenmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I think it really depends on why you don't want to, and how you're going to feel.

Do you think, if you put them up, you're going to feel more sad, or do you think that you might not feel like doing it, but having them io will make you feel a bit more festive?

Decorations shouldn't be an obligation or burden. If having them up is going ti make you more sad, then don't. But I do hope that you do something for yourself to celebrate and enjoy the season - whether it's with friends or volunteering or something. Something that, while it won't make you forget that your sons are gone, will help you feel not quite so alone, kwim? (Plus, it might make your sons feel better about not being there, too, if they know you are doing something.)

(((Hugs))) If the tree and stuff hurts, don't. If it will help, do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HarrisonMD
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Quoting JulesFairy:

Just in case you want to put up a tree. WalMart had one of those living room decals. It was 4.00 and it was of a Christmas Tree. I would say its about 3 1/2 4 feet tall. Just in case you wanted a tree without having a tree. Its what I was going to do if my hubby ended up not being able to make it home.

Quoting HarrisonMD:

That just gave me an awesome idea for DD to work on...Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)