Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

military movers?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

My husband just got out of AIT 3 days ago...we leave for ft hood november 27th. How do we contact military movers? is there a website or something?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armyvet06
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM
http://m.military.com/money/pcs-dity-move/pcs-orders.html?comp=1198882862589&rank=2

Here is some info. Im mobile so its not clicky. But i hope it helps
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:28 AM

My husband set it up through Transportation. Not sure how that works just comming out of AIT though. We did a DITY when he came out of reclassing!

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM
1 mom liked this

he needed to set up the move while in AIT, he needed to go to the transportation office there to set it up. he needs to get to a base with his orders TODAY to set it up,  unfortunately they will not be able to get movers out to you before the 27th, as there is a 2 week turn around to set up movers. he will need to get to the base on time and you will have to do the move without him.

editing to add, he can go to the TO and get approval to do a PPM ( formerly called a DITY and set it up to move yourselves) hoprefully you have a couple of grand in savings to do this move because there is no time to get the advance --- or you can apply for a loan thru your branches mutual aid service.

CM_Junkie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I agree. We have always had to go to transportation to set up our moves and you needed alot more time to get the advances or get the movers.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

This...  You need a lot more time than 8 days...

Quoting gunsgirl:

he needed to set up the move while in AIT, he needed to go to the transportation office there to set it up. he needs to get to a base with his orders TODAY to set it up,  unfortunately they will not be able to get movers out to you before the 27th, as there is a 2 week turn around to set up movers. he will need to get to the base on time and you will have to do the move without him.

editing to add, he can go to the TO and get approval to do a PPM ( formerly called a DITY and set it up to move yourselves) hoprefully you have a couple of grand in savings to do this move because there is no time to get the advance --- or you can apply for a loan thru your branches mutual aid service.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't believe he didn't get instruction on this. I mean, it's kind of important, you know?

armywifey1019
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM

IKNOW! They gave him no information on anything.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I can't believe he didn't get instruction on this. I mean, it's kind of important, you know?

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Is he going to transpo today? Hopefully he can get this worked out super quick. What is his report date?

Quoting armywifey1019:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

armywifey1019
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM

His report date is November 27th.... He is talking to his old recruiter about it today. Since he has to work there on his leave from AIT

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Is he going to transpo today? Hopefully he can get this worked out super quick. What is his report date?

Quoting armywifey1019:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)