Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

My husband just got out of AIT 3 days ago...we leave for ft hood november 27th. How do we contact military movers? is there a website or something?

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Replies (11-14):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM

He has to sign in on the 27th? I thought you said you have to leave that day. Do you have housing?

Quoting armywifey1019:

His report date is November 27th.... He is talking to his old recruiter about it today. Since he has to work there on his leave from AIT

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Is he going to transpo today? Hopefully he can get this worked out super quick. What is his report date?

Quoting armywifey1019:

IKNOW! They gave him no information on anything.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I can't believe he didn't get instruction on this. I mean, it's kind of important, you know?

armywifey1019
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM

,my bad lol im packing and typing at the same time, his report date is the 29th. But yes we applied for housing today and the waitlist is not long, tonight we are booking a hotel room

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

He has to sign in on the 27th? I thought you said you have to leave that day. Do you have housing?

Quoting armywifey1019:

His report date is November 27th.... He is talking to his old recruiter about it today. Since he has to work there on his leave from AIT

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Is he going to transpo today? Hopefully he can get this worked out super quick. What is his report date?

Quoting armywifey1019:

IKNOW! They gave him no information on anything.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I can't believe he didn't get instruction on this. I mean, it's kind of important, you know?

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:07 PM

so if your packing, you are going to do move yourself?

if you want to do a gov move you don't need to pack anything because they will just unpack it to repack it.

momtimesx4
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM

His AIT cadre failed him or didn't pay attention/ask questions during the orders/final out from AIT.

In any case, it is somewhat possible to coordinate the move via hometown recruiting, depends on area and availablility of movers.

ETA: Does his orders say: At the dependent rate or Dependents:Yes  

If not, somethings fucked up/someone just got fucked

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN