Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Base info

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM
  • 8 Replies
My husband just made his list.

It goes:
Fort Riley
Fort Stewart
Fort huachuca

Or oconus
Alaska
Hawaii
Germany
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CM_Junkie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Bump
sailorwifenmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Hope you get something you want!
violinjewel
by Julia on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I'm at Huachuca. Is your DH an instructor?

CM_Junkie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Right now he is on recruiting detail. I guess he could be. I just know the base came up as a possible to go on his wish list.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Oh, I see. Huachuca is a TRADOC post, but we have signal here, too. We've been here almost 3 years and it has been a mix of good & bad. Housing is exceptionally nice on post and off! Sierra Vista is small, but it has everything I need. I despise Tucson, which is the closest bigger city.  The wildlife around here can be dangerous and downright scary. The public schools here in AZ are crap. There are some really good charter schools, though. I love the weather!! lol Living in the mountains is beautiful, too ... and you just can't beat the spectacular AZ sunsets.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Right now he is on recruiting detail. I guess he could be. I just know the base came up as a possible to go on his wish list.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

CM_Junkie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Thank you so much for the info!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Oh, I see. Huachuca is a TRADOC post, but we have signal here, too. We've been here almost 3 years and it has been a mix of good & bad. Housing is exceptionally nice on post and off! Sierra Vista is small, but it has everything I need. I despise Tucson, which is the closest bigger city.  The wildlife around here can be dangerous and downright scary. The public schools here in AZ are crap. There are some really good charter schools, though. I love the weather!! lol Living in the mountains is beautiful, too ... and you just can't beat the spectacular AZ sunsets.

Quoting CM_Junkie:

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

cocoroo
by Coco on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

My dh was stationed at HAAF in Savannah.  We lived halfway between HAAF and Stewart.  I hated it there.  Hinesville, where Stewart is, is horrible.  I do know a lot of people that like Savannah, but Stewart is almost an hour from Savannah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN