Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

What is your husbands job title? And what time does he usually get home?

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
sailorwifenmom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM
He's a crypto guy. When he's worked shift, he puts in 12 - 13 hr days (or nights), weekends, holidays, whatever. When he's a day worker, he comes home anywhere between 4 and 6, and sometimes he has to go in for teleconferences in the middle of the night or super early. When he's on sea duty, he's pretty much either gone and "on call" 24/7 or he's in port and home early, or in the yards.

He also brings his work home a lot (the stuff that deals with Sailors, not mission)

So it really depends on what's going on and where we're stationed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jociebebe11
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:21 AM

91D Generator Mechanic - He has a detail for Division right now as a night driving instructor so he goes to work at 6pm till around 9pm sometimes later depending on how many students they have to instruct.

harream
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:26 AM

x-ray tech and would get home between 5 and 6. We are now in the civilian world and about to be retired from the Army :-) (about 2 months left)

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:35 AM
2 moms liked this
He gets debriefed a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:51 AM

My husband is an ANAV (Assistant Navigator) on submarines in the Navy.  He usually gets home between 5:30-7:30.

HollyH17
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:16 AM
My husband is an MA in the Navy, and he works days five am to six thirty pm, or nights vice versa.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harleychk32
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Combat Engineer..........depends on what's going on and if his soldiers have everything done that's needed before end of workday. 

singlemama0905
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM
My guy does communications. He just PCS'd and hasn't started his actual job here yet, right now he's got ALS class..so he has to be there between 6 and 730, all depends on the day and if he has PT or not. He finishes up anywhere from 6 to 9, then has homework still when he gets home. When he does start his job, his schedule is gonna suck gettin used to. He'll be on alert every other week with no communication. It'll be nice since he doesn't deploy with this job, but I'll still only have him 1/2 the yr for the next 4 yrs at least. He's already missing deploying so I have a feeling he'll be tryin to change things up at the end of the 4 yrs to a job he can deploy with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CJTC0911
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:12 AM
My hubby is an EOD tech! Usually gets home between 5-6pm on days he's home!
DizneyMomma2001
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Works in aviation...time home can vary from 5pm till midnight.  Just depends on when the shit that needed to get done that day is DONE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN