Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Yeah! My local commissary just got a coupon card!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

It is like those grocery store cards to get a discount and those that you can load coupons onto.  I am so happy my commissary finally got this, they do NOT take coupons printed at home, there have been too many frauds.  Yippee!

"For questions or customer service, email:

commissarysupport@inmar.com  or call:

855-829-6219"

Rewards are NOT provided by U.S. Gov. or DOD.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Very cool!  Thanks for sharing:)

Oddy_Knocky
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:13 AM
Yep, ours has had one for a few months now but oddly enough, it hasn't really been advertised. At all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:38 AM
We just got it last month, but I haven't found many useful coupons for our family.
HarleyMom4599
by Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Same here

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

We just got it last month, but I haven't found many useful coupons for our family.

MsBlueBelle
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM

For me, it is a start in the modern era of commissary shopping.  My local commissary does not accept coupons printed at home.  There are two bases in my city, one has a commissary that rivals in size any super wal-mart.  The second, is very small, it is inside a classic 1940's wooden hanger.  They are replacing it next year.  It is small and I can get 80% of what I need there.  They have six registers, so that should give you and idea of the size and number of customers it can handle.  Being in a wheelchair and I shop with my service dog, everyone there knows me and I can get in an out within an hour.  I will miss it.  The new commissary will be larger, but will occupy the same area of land, just  modern.  I am glad for this coupon card. 

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM
That's about how big the commissary is on our base. Thankfully we have 2 other bases right down the road though, because the one on ours isn't too good... It's good for getting anything but produce but even then its got a very small selection. I can see why you would prefer a smaller one where people know you, and maybe it won't change in that way when the new one opens.

Quoting MsBlueBelle:

For me, it is a start in the modern era of commissary shopping.  My local commissary does not accept coupons printed at home.  There are two bases in my city, one has a commissary that rivals in size any super wal-mart.  The second, is very small, it is inside a classic 1940's wooden hanger.  They are replacing it next year.  It is small and I can get 80% of what I need there.  They have six registers, so that should give you and idea of the size and number of customers it can handle.  Being in a wheelchair and I shop with my service dog, everyone there knows me and I can get in an out within an hour.  I will miss it.  The new commissary will be larger, but will occupy the same area of land, just  modern.  I am glad for this coupon card. 

MsBlueBelle
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I am a 'feature character' of this commissary.  I am the dizzy blonde in a wheelchair (that I knock over displays, but I do pick up my messes) who has a service dog that brings gleeful yells from children.  Adults 99% agree that my dog looks just like Lassie. Same breed.  I have the same bagger every time, he will go and get the big bags of kibble for my dog and his cat. My service dog takes care of a deaf cat that he was trained with.  He brings them to the cash resgister to wait for me to complete my shopping.  I call ahead and tell him I am coming and he waits for me at the door with one of the shopping carts/power chair, he parks my car, then while I am in line to check out, he grabs my keys (great in the summer) he starts up my car to get the a/c running and he moves it to load it up area. Yes, I tip well, he gets at least $25 per shopping trip, even when I go to get one or two items I always give him a tip.  He is in his senior year of college and this is his main source of income.  

MsBlueBelle
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Barker, my service dog. 

Piglet, Barker's cat.  Those are my huge size 10 garden boots.  I only wear a size 7, but for $2 at Target, they are great. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I had not heard  this but maybe that because I always do self-check outs.  I'll have to look into it here in Lackland so then I can register it on line. 

Thanks for the tip.  simple smile

Lzabierek
by Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I thought I was the only on here that is stationed at Lackland! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I had not heard  this but maybe that because I always do self-check outs.  I'll have to look into it here in Lackland so then I can register it on line. 

Thanks for the tip.  simple smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)