Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Don't mind me, I'm just venting.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

Ugh, sometimes I hate moving! We have moved every 3 years since we got married...and over 10+ times if you count the little moves (from apt. to apt. to housing, that sort of thing). I guess when I married my dh, I didn't realize we were gonna move every single time he got orders...I lived in a Navy town where a lot of people I knew were able to stay put for years, so little naïve me thought we could do the same. I have one of those jobs where I am required to get a clearance and let me tell you, I always run out of space whenever I have to fill in all the addresses where I lived in the past 10 years! I want to plant roots. I want to buy a house. I want to stop moving! 

I know, I know, "stop bitching". Sorry for the rant, I just needed to get all this frustration out. Now excuse me while I go back to packing... :-\

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:05 PM

:)

ccmvm
by on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I love moving! They don't move me enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jas_momof2:

:)

Thanks for that, it actually makes me feel a little bit better! :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Quoting ccmvm:

Girl, you crazy! Lol

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Dec. 2, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot imagine staying put at one base for most of my husbands career... I like the adventure each new place brings.

TippyD
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM

seriously! In the time we have moved twice*with the navy,  5 or 6 on our own;)*  my brother has moved 3, and if getting ready for his fourth.. we are hoping my husband picks up a position that would allow/require him to move more:D

Quoting ccmvm:

TippyD
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:29 AM

OP I know it is hard*HUGS*

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
The stability is good, but it can get very old.

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

I cannot imagine staying put at one base for most of my husbands career... I like the adventure each new place brings.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livingdeadmom
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM

We stayed at one base for 6 years and I wish we hadn't had to move away. We hate where we are now :( oh well! thems the breaks.  I am secretely hoping we get to move back in 2 years

SierraLynn
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM
So far in the 5 years dh and I have been together and 4 we have been married we have moved 4 times. You just roll with it. I enjoy seeing new placed and traveling. But I would love to have at least the 3 years of seni stability between each move. Hopefully we get that where we are now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN