Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New mom and new navy wife. HELP!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello ladies. My name is Cintia and my soon to be husband is in bootcamp right now. I found out after he left that i am pregnant and cant wait to give him the amazing news when i go for his graduation. Im very new to adjusting to him not being around or us speaking at all and it is definitely very hard. If maybe you ladies with experience can help in answering some of my question as a new navy mom to be jaja. 

1- When he comes home after a-school how long will he be able to stay at home before he is shipped to where he will be stationed? 

2- Will they deploy him immedietly?

3- we are getting married after he comes back rom A-school, when will his navy status change, does it take long to process the change in maritual status?

4-what are the benefits of us getting married?

if you dont have all the answers ONE will help. Im really enjoying this website and it has helped me understand a lot so i also look forward to meeting a lot more navy wives and mommy's. 

by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Replies (21-22):
ReadWriteLuv
by Bronze Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 9:47 PM

He will miss multiple birthdays....and Valentines Days.....and anniversaries.....and Christmas......and Thanksgiving......and New Years.......and random weekdays, etc. 

I would stay with your family until you have your baby unless are strong enough and prepared to do absolutely everything all on your own. When I had our daughter he was there, but we had no other family anywhere near by and he couldn't take any leave. I had a c-section and had to do everything basically by myself. That seriously sucked.

Quoting Bernat228:

Quoting edelweiss23:

The girls in here are brutally honest.
They tell it like it is and some times it's not pretty!!!

Keep the communication open with hubby and make the most of the times you do have together!

I need the honesty. I prefer it that way. I really do appreciate it ladies, HONESTLY. It scares me to think about him probably missing the birth of our first baby or a birthday but im going to be as positive as i can be. Like you all say "communicate with your husband" and thats exactly what i will be doing and i thank God I have my family here by my side supporting me which helps a lot. 

NOW A QUICK QUESTION, word of advise:

when we get married after his graduation if he is being deployed immedietly should i stay home with mom so i wont be a pregnant woman all alone or should i still go to where he will be stationed and figure out the living arrangements and set up our home? 

waY2Krazy
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Cafe Jennifer's - the person who started this group  - husband is in the Navy. The CafeMom/Military site provides good support and information for you but Cafe Jennifer started another site called http://www.militaryoneclick.com/  to help military families get to the resources they need. She's been busy with family and work since leaving Cafemom. Take a look at her site/video at:http://militaryoneclick.com/jen-pilcher-for-military-spouse-of-the-year-2013/

and if you want you can vote for her on Feb 5th 2013 for Military Spouse of the Year at:

http://msoy.militaryspouse.com/profile/83

--

You can make a great life for yourself & your family - wishing you much success & happiness,

take care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)