Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM
  • 31 Replies

I gave birth to my awesome baby girl on Oct 2, 2012. well when she was 3 weeks old we were on our way home for the doc and a drunk driver hit my truck. we was not hurt well she wasn't. we went to the hospital to get look at anyways because i would rather be safe then sorry. they said we was fine. well two days later i went to pick my daughter up and felt a pop in my shoulder and my whole left side went totally numb i couldn't feel it at all. i went to the er and they said it was a pinched nerve. gave me some meds and sent me home. 2 weeks later it was still hurting me so i went to see me doc and she did x-rays and said it was dislocated and NOT TO LIFT ANYTHING even my daughter (she not but maybe 10 lbs now) and so here it is almost 2 months sense the wreck and its still dislocated and i cant hold my little girl unless I'm sitting and my in-law are taking care of her and i feel so bad like I'm letting her down BC cant play with her or hold her like i want to

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmmaZate
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM
They should have put your shoulder back in place... And put you in a sling.... Did you go to a military hospital?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jeorgiamommie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM

no i live in louisiana and we only have 2 military hospitals and it takes months to get in

they told me it has to pop back in on its own. or i could have surgery to put it back .

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM
So glad to hear that your infant wasnt injured! What kind of help are you looking for here? I would think you should be seeking medical attention.
jeorgiamommie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I feel like im letting her down bc i cant hold her or play with her. she hears my voice and goes to looking for me and i cant hold her and it makes me feel like a crappy mom.

anyone know anything to help it pop back in

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:18 AM
Wait. You were told by the dr that there is nerve damage, hence the reason they will not set it back into place. Correct? If you try to pop it back in you are risking further, more serious damage. Why hasn't surgery been scheduled?

Quoting jeorgiamommie:

I feel like im letting her down bc i cant hold her or play with her. she hears my voice and goes to looking for me and i cant hold her and it makes me feel like a crappy mom.

anyone know anything to help it pop back in

carakitty
by Member on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Get yourself to some sort of doctor!

EmmaZate
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Hun, you need to see another doctor. Discharging you twice without treating the problem is grounds for a lawsuit. You need to go see someone, And if they cannot put your shoulder back they way they normally do (with lots of tugging and pain) then they need to schedule the surgery. I am not an md, but I do have enough of a medical background to know that leaving it like that isn't right or normal.
mlogsdon
by Mary on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Where in Louisiana? I came from there just last year. It should not take months to get in. Call the patient advocate, or do an ICE report. That is something that should be cared for quickly.

Quoting jeorgiamommie:

no i live in louisiana and we only have 2 military hospitals and it takes months to get in

they told me it has to pop back in on its own. or i could have surgery to put it back .

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeorgiamommie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I live in Killian so the closest one to me is Hammond. and it took them 3 months to see my husband when he came home from overseas and his was just high blood pressure

jeorgiamommie
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM

BC its an elective surgery. so husbands insurance wont cover it the lady who hit me has to and haven't went to court for it yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)