• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help ladies!

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:16 AM
  • 5 Replies
Alright, so I am about to go on my first deployment, (yay!) And I will be leaving after christmas. Sometime January. What can I do for DH before I go? He stays at home, so I worry that this will be harder on him than some.

What are some things your soldier did before leaving, or somethings you wish he had done to make the deployment easier on you?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SierraLynn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Just spend time with him. Call him and Skype while you're gone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:34 AM

we actually kept life pretty normal, we did not "spend more time together" before he left, we did not "plan" for him to leave.

we did make sure we had a POA, that my name was on everything before he left.

but otherwise, we kept it low key.

I have a friend whose DH always hid little love notes all over the house for her to find while he was gone, he hid them in her cookbooks, in a dress that he thouht she would wear for a FRG meeting, in the pockets of her fav pants, ect  I thought it was cute, but not something DH and do.

cueballsmom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Quoting gunsgirl:

we actually kept life pretty normal, we did not "spend more time together" before he left, we did not "plan" for him to leave.

I have a friend whose DH always hid little love notes all over the house for her to find while he was gone, he hid them in her cookbooks, in a dress that he thouht she would wear for a FRG meeting, in the pockets of her fav pants, ect  I thought it was cute, but not something DH and do.

That is something I can do for my girls though! That's a great idea! They are 8 and 7. Maybe I could hide quarters where my three year old plays, he loves money!
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:24 AM

that's a great Idea for the kids, and to expound on the quarters. if you wrote him a little note saying something like " for every quarter you find is a thought about you" or something :) and had daddy read it the day after you left so he would know ahead of time.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting gunsgirl:

That is something I can do for my girls though! That's a great idea! They are 8 and 7. Maybe I could hide quarters where my three year old plays, he loves money!

cueballsmom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Quoting gunsgirl:

nice! Thank you! I'll be gone nine months, and I know how hard six months were.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)