Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to stay strong, when your freaking out too??

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 6 Replies
So my husband got recommended for recruiting, he goes to school in march and comes home at the end of April. We were happy that he got this he wanted a change of pace. Branch told him they would work with him because due to my custody arrangement with my XH I can't leave the state with my daughter. So when he got to work today he got an email saying he has been placed in Minnesota, no where near us at all. He is freaking out because he won't get to see the kids or me very much. And we just bought a new house as well. So he is stressing about how we will afford two places. I'm trying to calm him down and tell him we will figure something out and it will be ok. But I'm freaking out too. He just got back from Afghanistan this year and now he will be stationed in another state away from us for the next three years. I'm so happy he only has 5 yrs left until retirement.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MomOfTwins789
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:28 AM
:-( Can he get it changed??
diamond8
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:58 AM

wow. sounds stressful. hope everything works out for your family. stay positive. maybe something will change for the better?

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:54 AM

They like to tell you they will work with you, but it's kind of a joke. Good luck to you.

beerebelly
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Perhaps you can go back to court and see if you can get the order changed and allow you to move? While many women do have to stay behind because of custody issues, there are many that are granted the permission to move. Worth a shot maybe.

msmom29
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM
The person in charge of assignments called him back and told him to bring a copy of my custody papers and they will reevaluate his assignment so we are praying he can get around here. As far as goin back to court we had already discussed this possibility with my lawyer she said because of state laws concerning moving out of state with child that it would be a long lengthy battle we would probay lose due to the fact that her father does take her for visitation and always pays support. So I don't think it will happen that will will he allowed to move. So praying they can work with him on changing placement.
TippyD
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM

i would look into a second opinion. due to military, you may be able to work around it.  you can work out visitation. *plane tickets for Christmas, let her spend the summer,etc* hopefully they can get his orders changed, but if not, you might want to look into getting a second lawyers opinion

Quoting msmom29:

The person in charge of assignments called him back and told him to bring a copy of my custody papers and they will reevaluate his assignment so we are praying he can get around here. As far as goin back to court we had already discussed this possibility with my lawyer she said because of state laws concerning moving out of state with child that it would be a long lengthy battle we would probay lose due to the fact that her father does take her for visitation and always pays support. So I don't think it will happen that will will he allowed to move. So praying they can work with him on changing placement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)