Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unit Christmas parties *EDIT* With few pics of party

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
  • 26 Replies

Do you guys have one this year? Are you going? Ours is tonight. It is at like a Dave and Busters type place. Free food, Santa for the kids, Arcade games, bumper boats, mini golf, that sort of thing. Sounds fun this year so we will be going.

Party was ok. LONG line for food that was just OK. But the kids loved it. They had an indoor playplace, arcade games (one pic is of my dd shooting at the pirates) and a few pics I have are of the mini golf outside.

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Ours had one, I didn't go.

WHY? It was a breakfast type deal (not the issue) in the Hangar (that's part of the issue) they catered 95% of the food, but the CO decided it would be a "Great Homey Touch" if Marines were flipping the flapjacks for the families... oh no, not him silly. The Staff NCO's...  He was told this is a terrible idea, people will hate it. NO it's great! And he went forward with it. Our CO only hears himself talk and doesn't give a shit what anyone else thinks and our FRO won't stand up to him so this is how a lot of things go for our unit.

If it's supposed to be a family event, shouldn't my husband be with....I don't know his FAMILY not cooking food? It really annoyed me, so I did not attend. Many families felt the same as me and declined attendance as well. The Marines had to go (another sign your parties suck... just sayin') but most of the families didn't.

My main issue is that they did the same thing last year, and everyone HATED it.  Hangars are terrible locations for parties if kids will be there. They're terrible in general, they're dirty and they smell bad and there's no climate control. Anyway... No we didn't go.

Other units on the base had great parties...  *sigh*  We all went to the LINKS Christmas Party and had a blast. I wasn't forced to cook everyone's food, it wasn't in a hangar...

SierraLynn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Dh's unit is doing "company parties". Meaning the unit as whole is nit getting together, but each individual company. And since dh is a Cav Scout in an Infantry battalion, his Scout platoon is doing it for themselves. It's at an ITZ party place tonight at 6. I want to go and meet some of the other wives from the platoon, but dh is prety sure no one will show.
His friend who went to the Cav Squadron dh was supposed to go to had a awesome party with raffles and prizes. We actually have to pay to enter the party tonight. Sounds like a blast! *insert sarcasm here*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
We had team and batt parties. Team was good; batt sucked.

But, we are leaving the unit marriage retreat at Great Wolf Lodge - that was very nice for Christmas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My husband's unit had their party after drill, on a Sunday, at the beginning of this month at a bowling alley. Since his unit is in Pueblo, and almost two hour drive from us, the kids and I didn't go. It was mandatory for him, so he went for awhile, was released, then came home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM
2 moms liked this

We had one... It was the same night TransSiberian Orchestra was playing...  Dh and oldest went to concert....

adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM
You are too funny! LOL

Quoting jas_momof2:

We had one... It was the same night TransSiberian Orchestra was playing...  Dh and oldest went to concert....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My unit did one... Got stuck as an elf and got a cheap bottle of wine from our white elephant game (someone stole my voka).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Pueblo, CO?

Quoting violinjewel:

My husband's unit had their party after drill, on a Sunday, at the beginning of this month at a bowling alley. Since his unit is in Pueblo, and almost two hour drive from us, the kids and I didn't go. It was mandatory for him, so he went for awhile, was released, then came home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Yup! That's where his unit is. We live in the Denver metro area.

Quoting SierraLynn:

Pueblo, CO?

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SierraLynn
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Cool! Were at Carson. If I'm ever headed up to Denver I'll let you know. Lol.

Quoting violinjewel:

Yup! That's where his unit is. We live in the Denver metro area.

Quoting SierraLynn:

Pueblo, CO?

Quoting violinjewel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)