• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Slightly OT: Has anyone been to the Hale Koa in Hawaii?

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

I want to go to Hawaii in April and stay at the Aulani resort by Disney but my God it's expensive. So, I'm thinking that we would do a split stay and stay 4 nights at Aulani and 4 at the Hale Koa, which is very inexpensive in comparison. Has anyone stayed there? Is it nice like a resort or is it all military sterile like a Navy Lodge?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandaschelle
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM
I stayed at the hale koa in 2007 they were redoing the resort in sections and I was in an older tower but it was still very nice nothing like a
Motel 8 which is what I expect from military places. it is near Waikiki and steps from the beach. The luau was fun too but don't expect generous beverages.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM
It's decent. The rooms are okay...it's right on Waikiki Beach, and the pool area is nice, although it's usually overflowing with kids (it's open to all military families, not just guests at the hotel). It's really your best option if you want to save some money.
mrspeterrabbit
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Its very nice, and not sterile to me and the beach is right there too.

Tish_Hughes
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

What they all said. You walk out of the back entrances and you're staring right into Waikiki. It was nice when I stayed there...I think I only stayed the night. Young soldiers, new to island. Partying it up in the Hale Koa.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)