Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emotional

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM
  • 33 Replies
Do you get emotional during the holidays?

I do. I'm all over the place. One minute I'm up and excited about baking with my boys, and the next I'm crying about life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apollos82
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I sure do. I have grand ideas about how magical I want to make the holidays.....baking and cooking decorating and shopping and such....and then my depression, low energy levels, and pocket book catch up with me....and then I just cry. A lot. It sucks! I hope I can keep it together on the actual holiday. 

violinjewel
by Julia on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Yes! I try not to, but it's hard. I miss people, I miss my grandma a lot during the holidays, so that's the emotional part. Then I'm so happy when I see the joy in my kids, and how they love the things I did as a kid:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM
Yep. I'm a wreck and dh's solution is to " get over it". This year has been especially rough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate this time of year. I don't care much for holidays to begin with but then stick a whole bunch together within a months time frame and I really get in a pissy mood!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:46 PM

It depends on how things are going with getting everywhere we have to be... and what kind of day Daddy is having when we visit. Last year was rough. So far, this year, there is so much going on that I am just ignoring it all and staying in Denial. The girls are helping since they are in complete awe everytime the timer turns the lights on, they get excited every morning looking for Macks (the elf), and we have been doing Christmas crafts galore. They are at a pretty fun age that reality can be forgotten with their joy.

edelweiss23
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I get cranky.
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Oh, yes. We women are so good at piling it on during the holidays.

We set ourselves up for failure.

Quoting Apollos82:

I sure do. I have grand ideas about how magical I want to make the holidays.....baking and cooking decorating and shopping and such....and then my depression, low energy levels, and pocket book catch up with me....and then I just cry. A lot. It sucks! I hope I can keep it together on the actual holiday. 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been trying to keep my mind distracted so I don't fall apart ... or become "irrational" as my darling husband says. He's definitely getting coal for Christmas.

My ex-husband sent my entire Christmas in Vermont collection - something I haven't seen in ages - and he also sent me all of my Christmas ornaments. I found myself in tears seeing all those cherished ornaments again .. especially the ones my kids made in school. 

So I guess I should answer your question ... YES! lol I'm kind of a hot mess.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you've been having as tough a time as me. I cry over my dad every day.

Quoting violinjewel:

Yes! I try not to, but it's hard. I miss people, I miss my grandma a lot during the holidays, so that's the emotional part. Then I'm so happy when I see the joy in my kids, and how they love the things I did as a kid:)

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Oh, that's not good.

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

Yep. I'm a wreck and dh's solution is to " get over it". This year has been especially rough.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)