Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Marine Wives??

Posted by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
  • 31 Replies

My hubby is set to start his reenlistment package here before to long. We are wanting out of The Stumps.My hubby said we can put in a request to go elsewhere. This is the first base we have been to (my husband even did his schooling here)

Since we havent been anywhere else yet.. what bases do you recommend and why?

Im really curious. 29 Palms is definately not where we want to stay. Coasts dont matter into our decisions since my family is West coast, his is east, either cost we are close to one of our families :)

Thank you in advance :)

by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

We are at Quantico now... Love it but actually looking forward to going back to NC. My husband wants to be an MCT instructor.

USMCWifey2011
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

We havent even thought about Quantico lol.. we are pretty open though, mostly because this is the only base we have been to lol

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

We are at Quantico now... Love it but actually looking forward to going back to NC. My husband wants to be an MCT instructor.

Sweets32285
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I've only been at Camp Pendleton.  It's ok.  We were supposed to go to 29, 2 years ago, but ended up here.  He has only been here and recruiting duty, in the 11 years he's been in.  

USMCWifey2011
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

29 Palms STINKS! Be glad you arent here lol

Quoting Sweets32285:

I've only been at Camp Pendleton.  It's ok.  We were supposed to go to 29, 2 years ago, but ended up here.  He has only been here and recruiting duty, in the 11 years he's been in.  

Sweets32285
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Oh I know!  I cried when I found out that's where we were going to go.  Luckily he was able to get it switched!  I just dislike California.  I want to be back in the midwest.

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Quoting Sweets32285:

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Quantico really is more of an officer base it seems lol. I like being closer to our family in Jersey. I also like being close to DC, different historical places to visit ohhhh and shopping. But we plan on buying a house in NC if we go back as planned. I would never buy a house in this area.

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

We havent even thought about Quantico lol.. we are pretty open though, mostly because this is the only base we have been to lol

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

We've been to:

Yuma: ADORED it.

Miramar: Loved it.

Parris Island/Beaufort: Love it.

And we did recruiting too.

I don't ever want to go to NC, one of my friends just moved there and HATES it, says it's the worst duty station ever. I've heard from a lot of people that NC sucks, way too Marine heavy (and I'm not into that). Beaufort is a little Marine heavy for me and it's not even 1/10th as bad as NC. Fuck that, I'd lose what little it I have left. No offense to anyone that loves NC, it's just NMS.

DH is not allowed to go to 29 Palms, everytime he goes there on TAD I get really sick. I'd like to think it's a coincidence but it just can't be... wasn't sick for years on end, he goes there I get super sick to the point I was almost hospitalized, don't get sick again for 2+ yrs he goes there, I get an infection. I don't want to think about what would happen to me if we got stationed there. We're staying put for another tour where we are, I like it here, we wanted Iwakuni, were told no so we're posting here.

USMCWifey2011
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I hate California. i love the feel of the midwest and the east coast. I feel like CA is just so negative

Quoting Sweets32285:

Oh I know!  I cried when I found out that's where we were going to go.  Luckily he was able to get it switched!  I just dislike California.  I want to be back in the midwest.

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Quoting Sweets32285:

USMCWifey2011
by Member on Dec. 30, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Yea my hubby is enlisted :) we are having a hard time deciding where we want to go when he gets out

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Quantico really is more of an officer base it seems lol. I like being closer to our family in Jersey. I also like being close to DC, different historical places to visit ohhhh and shopping. But we plan on buying a house in NC if we go back as planned. I would never buy a house in this area.

Quoting USMCWifey2011:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Dec. 30, 2012 at 6:13 PM

What MOS Is your husband? That also plays a part in where he gets to go.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)