Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Basic Training Care Packages...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

My son just enlisted...I'm new at this...I'm hoping someone out there can tell me...what can I send my son while he's in boot camp?

The website said no home baked goods, and that there's a period of time where he can't talk to us...once that's over we are welcome to send mail...

What items are most needed/appreciated? I want him to feel loved...but not thought of by his fellow soldiers as a sissie...all tips are welcome.

Thanks!

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM
My husband in basic could only receive letters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't send anything other than letters, even the recruiters warn you about this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Certain basic units for the army allow care packages. It depends on where he is and what branch he is. And wait to send anything other than letters until after you hear from him. :)
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I would not send anything but letters there will be time for care packages later.

sapphire80
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:21 PM
2 moms liked this

My hubby is a Drill Instructor...don't send packages.  It'll draw unnecessary attention to him.  Write him tons of letters.  When my husband was in boot camp, I wrote him every day.  Letters are plenty to get him through.  Once he's graduated and at his first duty station, send all the care packages you want.  

cocoroo
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:26 PM
My son is at AF basic now and I was with my dh when he went through Army basic 12 years ago. Send letters, nothing else. My son has been able to call me a few times. He gets his phone for a little while on Sundays. When my dh went through basic, I got very few calls.
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Just do letters

jkohler
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Just letters.  I sent a few pictures of our kids when my husband went through basic, but just a very few.  

Elle.tea.22
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 4:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Nobody loved me at basic! When I got my phone on Sunday's I would shop online lol put my moms name on stuff. One can't help what parents send *innocent*. I even ordered snacks once for the entire company just for the lols. We were given 15 minutes to eat as much as we could (everything was gone save for the green chip at the bottom of a lays bag (I ordered candy bars, chips, fizzy drinks... You name it, amazon had it). Then someone (anyone) had to do 100 push ups or we would all get smoked. Thank god that fucker did them is all I can say ^_^
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellomilla
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Where is your son doing his training? My husband is at Ft Leonard Wood and just went back after HBL. He isn't allowed to receive anything. He has been there since the end of October and I have only received two phone calls and 5 letters. His platoon doesn't have a lot of free time and they are still in Red Phase. So if you don't hear from him for a while, don't worry. I went 15 days without any form of communication. Lol He is only allowed letters, a couple pictures and stamps. Once you find out which company he is in there will be a Facebook page for it and you can kind of follow along. They post pictures every week and you can always keep your fingers crossed your son will be in one. Goodluck and stay strong! I write my husband everyday and I'm sure your son would appreciate letters as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)