Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

...with more then one child. How do you do it?! Financially I mean. I want to have another child sooo bad but we are worried about money. I also am not a fan of working while there is a baby around. I would want to stay home if possible. So I guess my question is stay at home moms with husbands who are in the E-4 or less pay grade, how do you do it? 

by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Replies (121-126):
childofgod04
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM
My husband is an E-4 but we only have one child. It's difficult with just one especially with him being on a milk allergy formula. We budget though and live ok with what we have. You have to budget and go without the things that you don't need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:17 AM

We are e2, 2 kids, sahm. one car payment with insurance is 360. phone 160. No cable, I use a hotspot for our internet, so we stream netflix on the tv when we want to watch. We just got a credit card, only use it for an emergency. Most of our money goes to food, I dont pay for maintence, I cut and color my own hair, do my eyebrows. We buy organic on high pesticide food.

Most of our food is made from scratch and we eat vegan. I make cleaning products and soap. I buy in bulk for laundry detergent. Use cloth diapers. If we arent buying random shit we dont need we can still have money to go places for the kids.

mrschambers7508
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
If you budget and dont have over the top bills it is very easy. My DH is an E-4 and we have a couple hundred left over after each payday. With a car payment.
amsteimer
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Very true! I know E-7's who have two children and are struggling and I knew an E-4 with 4 kids who did fine. You live within your means.

Quoting Megan214:

By balancing your budget. Same as an E-7 or E-1. You live within your means.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It's hard but doable I have two daughters and my husband is an E4 at his job there's no promotion options and he recently changed his job he has to go to school in July for MP. If you get BAH and you mortgage is less then you can save the money, also sign up for WIC, don't be ashamed its not government help like welfare or anything like that, believe it or not they help with a lot specially if you have a baby that's formula fed.
1wildchild
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
My husband is E3, we are due with #3 in June. It's tight but manageable. I'm a SAHM, we live on post since it is cheaper in this area and we don't have a ton of bills. It's all about sticking to budget.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)