Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Wedding's

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
If you met your dh after he/ you were already in and at his/your first duty station were did y'all get married?

Did you get married were you were stationed or did y'all get married in your hometown?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM
We got married at the court house where he was stationed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
japanmommy
by Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:07 AM
We were engaged before he enlisted and were married at the courthouse after basic. On our one year anniversary we had a wedding celebration in our hometown.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by Kara on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:10 AM
We got secretly married at the courthouse where he was stationed and then had a ceremony the following summer in the town we consider to be our home town.
mlogsdon
by Mary on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:41 AM
We got married in New Orleans at the french quarter wedding chapel lol, he was stationed in Louisiana. We later had a ceremony back home with my family and celebration BBQ with his family. It was a whole ridiculous process.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 1:49 AM
We got married in the are he is/was stationed. I'm from the area and his family was all back east so it made sense to just do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM
We got married in our home town. Actually went to same high school but didn't meet till he enlisted and was living in another town.
MrsSexyCurtains
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 2:18 AM
We got married at some lawyers office in VA. We just celebrated our 5 year anniversary and maybe sometime down the road we will have a ceremony.
twinkersmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:03 AM

We met off the ship we were both on and was married at the court house. Our families were all spread out and it would have took a lot of money to have even a small wedding. His mom and my mom wanted us to come home for it. I DO NOT do the aisle thing. I hated that I did not give my dad a chance to give me away because I am the only girl. My mom and I would have fought over every detail too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:20 AM
We got married in a court house where he was stationed. My family couldn't make it so it was only me, him, my daughter and my inlaws (that I was meeting for the first time) we have been married for over five years now and we are having a reception this summer.
anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Married and reception in District of Columbia during cherry blossom weeks.  Second marriage for both of us and a whole lot easier that time ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)