Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Military Wives Question.

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM
  • 47 Replies

I've had something on my mind for a while now. I'm wondering if it's just my husband whose 23 years old and still acts like a child. I feel as if I'm raising another child on top of my two daughters. 

So my Question is : DOES YOUR HUSBAND ACT LIKE A CHILD, OR DOES HE HELP YOU OUT WITH YOUR KID/KIDS, AND HOUSE CHORES?

My husband is addicted to video games. He would rather put our baby in the swing so he can play his games than to hold or play with her. He always gives me answer when i ask for him to help me like " Hold on babe I'm in the middle of a game, or Don't worry I'll do it later or I'll do it tomorrow".. Oo and when he says later or tomorrow it usually means ITS NOT GUNNA HAPPEN. He doesn't clean up after him self. Which is why my house is never clean. But the biggest thing that bugs me is, He waits till 11 at night right as he's heading to bed to say " Can you pack up all the left overs and clean the kitchen before you come to bed, K thanks night".... I don't mind doing that just not at 11 at night. I wonder if he even considers that maybe i might be tired for taking care of two kids all day long. I do everything for those kids (not complaining). I'm lucky if he will change 1 diaper or hold one of our kids for 5 minutes. I'm exhausted and I have tried talking to him, his parents have tried, my grandma has tried, all his friends have tried. I just don't know anymore. I think he wants to be a kid the rest of his life. I mean he cried when his XBOX crashed. I was soooo happy. Until i found out he has downloaded games on "MY" laptop!.... Hmmm so anyone else feel like there married to a child? 

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:45 AM
1 mom liked this

What does this have to do with military wives?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:50 AM
2 moms liked this
My ex was like that, but he wasn't military. My now dh is military and he plays games. But if he gives me that whole ",hold on" crap I threaten to unplug it, he can pause it and do what I ask. They do what you let them get away with if that makes sense. I.never said anything to my ex I just held it in and dis everything. And refuse to do that again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:15 AM

My husband was like this. The one thing I wish I would've done is take care of the issue immediately. I put up with it for six years. But finally I did the only thing I could do. I kicked him out. He ended up coming back, apologizing, and now he helps out. He still has moments where he will get stuck on the video games, and it's not perfect. It's better, though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM
2 moms liked this

At 23 years old, assuming you're close in age, is very young to be married, have 2 kids and the responsibilities that comes with all that. Growing up takes time.

mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jan. 8, 2013 at 6:55 AM
1 mom liked this

No my husband doesn't act like that, and even at 23 didn't. Time to get rid of the video games if he can't manage his time appropriately.

My DH does play video games, we all do, but that's AFTER things are done. He and I normally play a few rounds of Zombies on Black Ops 2 after the kids are in bed.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:13 AM
My husband is either at work, depoohed, or working from home. He doesn't have time for petty crap.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Usually when my dh neglects things it's because his mind is preoccupied with other things. Sit him down and talk to him. See what's going on with him because he can help you work through it a lot better than we can.
This happens just as often in civilian marriages so maybe this is the wrong forum for this question.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

my DH is a man, he does "chores" he took care of the kid. he is an emotional rock, he does not need to be reminded to take out the trash, or to put the dishes in the sink. and He rarely plays video games. He does his own laundry pays his own bills on time.

JennyCaps
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Dh just now is getting into video games. When he bought the PS3 it was agreed on that he would only play when the kids are in bed. Hasn't been a problem at all. And dh helps around the house as much as he can. Sorry your dh is being a butt head.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM
My husband hasn't ever played video games. He has no interest in them, and doesn't have time anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN