Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pcs question

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:34 AM
  • 11 Replies
We can't for the life of us remember. And my dh is at jrtc and I'm not home to go digging through papers.

If you do a full military move like movers pack all your stuff do you get any extra allowance for moving if you have more than one car?

I think the answer is no. But my husband thinks you get paid per car. Which I think sounds stupid especially since the military is cutting funds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ccmvm
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM

for families they cover 2 vehicles.

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Oh ok. Well cool. Won't affect us though for our pcs. But that's ok

Quoting ccmvm:

for families they cover 2 vehicles.

loving2live
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:13 AM
2 moms liked this
You get paid for two cars, but it's not a ton per mile when you consider the wear and service needed... You also get paid the travel (food) allowance per person who is a traveling dependent.
mlogsdon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
This. We did a full military move, we got paid per mile per car from point A to point B for two vehicles. We also got the daily allowance per person, based on the amount of time they expect you to take to travel that route.

Quoting loving2live:

You get paid for two cars, but it's not a ton per mile when you consider the wear and service needed... You also get paid the travel (food) allowance per person who is a traveling dependent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:31 AM
So realistically would you buy a second car before a pcs or wait til your new duty station??

mlogsdon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this
That depends. It would have been much easier for us to drive one vehicle, so we could switch off driving. We had actually just bought a car about a month before DH was handed orders lol. If you can, I think it makes more sense to wait rather than make that trip with a new(er) vehicle and add the wear and tear.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

So realistically would you buy a second car before a pcs or wait til your new duty station??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:53 AM
Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. We moved to ny from ca with 2 cars cute ah I got both kids the whole way!!! They are young so it was a little rough. We will needs 2nd car again once we pcs. Much larger base than our current station.

Quoting mlogsdon:

That depends. It would have been much easier for us to drive one vehicle, so we could switch off driving. We had actually just bought a car about a month before DH was handed orders lol. If you can, I think it makes more sense to wait rather than make that trip with a new(er) vehicle and add the wear and tear.

Quoting anikahaynes1:

mlogsdon
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Hahaha I got the 4 month old and the dog the whole time ;-) DH got to drive by himself. We switched for about 4 hours and I've never seen him so stressed in my life lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too. We moved to ny from ca with 2 cars cute ah I got both kids the whole way!!! They are young so it was a little rough. We will needs 2nd car again once we pcs. Much larger base than our current station.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Haha poor guy!!! Yeah that would've been my dh too. The kids were like 2 and 5 but like just turned so yeah crazy times!!!

Quoting mlogsdon:

Hahaha I got the 4 month old and the dog the whole time ;-) DH got to drive by himself. We switched for about 4 hours and I've never seen him so stressed in my life lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this

the current rate is 24 cents per authorised mile for up to 2 POV's.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)