Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helping out a family...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So, my husband and some other guys are gone for a training event. And I got a text from my husband saying one of his guys wife is having a hard time... She has I believe, a 3 week old Along with 3 other children. And apparently also has the flu.
I have never met her or her husband. But I would like to help her out.
What are something's you appreciated help with. Or help you offer people while husbands are away? Or just any ideas of how to help her would be great.
Also any good meal ideas I can take her. I've never made a meal for someone else so I'd like to make her and her children something for dinner...
So any ideas at all are greatly appreciated! :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hellomilla
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Maybe bring her a box of tea, some hot chicken noodle soup, and bring a board game for her kids! I know the baby can't play but I'm sure something to entertain the others would certainly help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Thanks!! The board game is a great idea!! Never would have thought of that!

Quoting hellomilla:

Maybe bring her a box of tea, some hot chicken noodle soup, and bring a board game for her kids! I know the baby can't play but I'm sure something to entertain the others would certainly help.

adrianna1043
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I would call her and ask what she needed. Her children may have allergies to certain foods, it wouldn't hurt to ask first. Ask her if you can take a couple of the kids for an evening and give her a break.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hellomilla
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I only have one child but whenever I'm sick all I want is something that will distract her. Haha

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks!! The board game is a great idea!! Never would have thought of that!

Quoting hellomilla:

cocoroo
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I would call her and ask.
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would call and check for allergies, maybe see if the kids have a favorite food. You can get her some soup and them whatever they like. If she has the flu, she may need some medicine or something and really should not be getting out, so I would check for that, too. If you are not comfortable taking the kids (and not knowing her, that would be completely okay! She may not be comfortable with it either), the game is a great idea. Or maybe you could even hang out for a couple of hours so she can get a nap and you could keep an eye on the kids? 

Whatever you do, do not offer ANYTHING that you are not willing to follow through. It really sucks when people do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Yeah I'm more than happy to watch her children but I know it may be awkward for her to trust someone she doesn't know. But I'll definitely offer it up.

Quoting usmclife58:

I would call and check for allergies, maybe see if the kids have a favorite food. You can get her some soup and them whatever they like. If she has the flu, she may need some medicine or something and really should not be getting out, so I would check for that, too. If you are not comfortable taking the kids (and not knowing her, that would be completely okay! She may not be comfortable with it either), the game is a great idea. Or maybe you could even hang out for a couple of hours so she can get a nap and you could keep an eye on the kids? 

Whatever you do, do not offer ANYTHING that you are not willing to follow through. It really sucks when people do that.

adrianna1043
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Where are you? Come take some of mine!!! LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! Yeah I'm more than happy to watch her children but I know it may be awkward for her to trust someone she doesn't know. But I'll definitely offer it up.

Quoting usmclife58:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM

I really like the idea of a board game or something to keep the little ones occupied, giving her a chance to rest.

navywife233
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I would call her and ask her what kinds of foods she enjoys to have for dinner and make a few different things that way she could freeze them and then re heat when she doesnt feel like cooking! Meals are always one of the biggest helps for me when I am sick!  Or maybe even ask her if she needs any help around the house I am sure with a 3 week old she would appreciate you greatly :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)