Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Going to Fort Campbell...anyone been there or there now????

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

I've never been to kentucky before so I have no idea what to expect. Is this base out in the country? If it is, are there things near it like walmarts or anything? Should we live off base or on base (which is cheaper)? If any of you have lived off base, where should I look??? I'm not finding very much online...and any other info you guys have for me would be great!! Thanks :) 

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I'm at campbell now. We've been here since June. It is kind of country but there are plenty of stores. There's a few wal marts w: in twenty minutes or so. Tennessee side has a higher sales tax but no income tax. Shopping is cheaper in ky but more shoppig in Tennessee. We live on base. Overall it's nice. There's Facebook page fort campbell support and info. You can join there and ask for more info. Idk much about living off post. I do know if you try to transfer your vehicle registration to ky it can be expensive. Kentucky apparently had a high tax rate and if you didn't pay as much where it's registered they make you pay the difference. If you live on post you can register in either state. Also ky car insurance rates are high.
mama_of_tw0
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Oh ok great to know thanks. :) we are moving from Hawaii and its like ny city here, so I'm sure ky shouldn't be to different then what were use to here lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm at campbell now. We've been here since June. It is kind of country but there are plenty of stores. There's a few wal marts w: in twenty minutes or so. Tennessee side has a higher sales tax but no income tax. Shopping is cheaper in ky but more shoppig in Tennessee. We live on base. Overall it's nice. There's Facebook page fort campbell support and info. You can join there and ask for more info. Idk much about living off post. I do know if you try to transfer your vehicle registration to ky it can be expensive. Kentucky apparently had a high tax rate and if you didn't pay as much where it's registered they make you pay the difference. If you live on post you can register in either state. Also ky car insurance rates are high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I have never heard of Ft Campbell.

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Really?

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Really.

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Really?

Quoting Tish_Hughes:

1wildchild
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
We have been at Campbell since May. We live on post and do most of our shopping at the commissary, at the Walmart in Oak Grove right outside of Gate 6 or over in Clarksville (typically the Wilma Rudolph section about a 20-30 min drive depending on traffic). We came here from Colorado Springs (hometown not Ft Carson) and it's definitely been an adjustment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)