Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Possible Med Board *UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post

Tomorrow is a big day. DH has an appointment where we both are sure med board will be discussed. The man has been falling apart for years. Profile for the same knee issues for atleast 3 years now (still no clue what it is) and then the possibility he has Artritis (he started testing last month, might be what's wrong with his knee), carpal tunnel that might need surgery, and then the recent ER trip to BAMC where they said he has asthma.

I'm nervous! Tomorrow morning can't come quick enough.

UPDATE!

I had to search for this post a bit (then remembered i can just get on the PC and search my posts lol), DH had his follow-up appointment today. They said his lungs being on fire and everything else definitely sounds like asthma, and hes had a history of this for a few years (just never THIS bad, it was always written off as allergies) and that most likely the area that we live in triggered the worst of it. Doctor asked him when his next PT test was, it's in March or April, so he said he has until then to "shape up and get better" and if he's still "not better" for that PT test he will be looking at a med board.

So we are going to hope for the best but plan for the worst and get all our ducks in a row and make sure we have a solid family plan for whatever happens in the next year.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Replies (11-15):
chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I found this site extremely useful when DH was going through the med board process:

http://www.pebforum.com/site

DH was found unfit for duty, launched an appeal and won! 

anlei05
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:15 PM

That is an agonizing wait. I know. Hubby is on the other side of MEB/PEB now. He is out. I hope things work out well for you both.

Quoting ccmvm:

An Update... DH is still at his appt, more than 2 hours later, they ran additional tests to confirm the diagnosis and are waiting for BAMC to send their diagnostic. He is waiting and texting me while he waits for the results. I never thought i'd have all this anxiety over it, im litterally shaking as i wait,  our future is dangling on these results right now.

I'm thankful for an open forums liek this where i can write my thoughts down, it helps my nerves to get it out, somewhat anonymously, without having to tell IRL friends or family until i know things for sure.

Tish_Hughes
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:41 PM

SO what happened? Hope you have stopped shaking.

ccmvm
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM

UPDATE!

I had to search for this post a bit (then remembered i can just get on the PC and search my posts lol), DH had his follow-up appointment today. They said his lungs being on fire and everything else definitely sounds like asthma, and hes had a history of this for a few years (just never THIS bad, it was always written off as allergies) and that most likely the area that we live in triggered the worst of it. Doctor asked him when his next PT test was, it's in March or April, so he said he has until then to "shape up and get better" and if he's still "not better" for that PT test he will be looking at a med board.

So we are going to hope for the best but plan for the worst and get all our ducks in a row and make sure we have a solid family plan for whatever happens in the next year.

ccmvm
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I looked at this site a little bit a couple weeks ago but will definitely look into it more now. Thanks for sharing!

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I found this site extremely useful when DH was going through the med board process:

http://www.pebforum.com/site

DH was found unfit for duty, launched an appeal and won! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)