Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Military Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Military Moms group!

Whether you are active duty, retired or a veteran service member or the spouse/parent of a current or former service member, you are all welcome here at Military Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (241-250):
LissyPooh28
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I am very new to blogging but I figured I need to give it a shot for my circumstances. I am not a military wife, I my boyfriend is in the army. I am a mom though (from a previous marraige). I know there are support groups for girlfriends, I will probably join one of those too. My name is Alyssa, I am 27. I live in VA Beach, VA. Anyways my bf is about to be deployed in 3 weeks for a year then he said hopefully be transferred to Fairbanks, AK. We've only been together for a little over 5 months, but I fell in love with him sometime during our second date. I have not told him this yet. Hes been talking about me moving with him to AK when he gets back and was trying to explain to me what life is like as a military wife. I have so many questions I figure I should ask real wives. I've never been separated from a significant other for this extended period of time and I already cry just thinking about him leaving. I don't know what I can do to keep my mind off him being gone, or ways I can still be supportive when he is so far from me or ways to keep our relationship strong. Do I tell him I love him before he leaves? I don't want to freak him out, I just feel like that is one of those things that need to be said to someones face.  Sorry if I am offending anyone by posting in a wifes blog. Also if someone might be able to tell me what all these acronyms mean that the ladies are using up here. Thank you.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Hi Aylssa and welcome to the group.

We have moms in this group who are in various situations. Some are wives, some of moms of military members, some of the women are military members themselves and we do also have girlfriends, so please feel free to join in.

Separations are hard on any relationship but the best thing to do is to stay strong, keep busy and live your life. It doesn't mean that  you don't miss him it just means that life does continue to move forward and you have to as well.

Good luck.

Quoting LissyPooh28:

I am very new to blogging but I figured I need to give it a shot for my circumstances. I am not a military wife, I my boyfriend is in the army. I am a mom though (from a previous marraige). I know there are support groups for girlfriends, I will probably join one of those too. My name is Alyssa, I live in Virginia Beach, VA. I am 27. Anyways my bf is about to be deployed in 3 weeks for a year then he said hopefully be transferred to Fairbanks, AK. We've only been together for a little over 5 months, but I fell in love with him sometime during our second date. I have not told him this yet. Hes been talking about me moving with him to AK when he gets back and was trying to explain to me what life is like as a military wife. I have so many questions I figure I should ask real wives. I've never been separated from a significant other for this extended period of time and I already cry just thinking about him leaving. I don't know what I can do to keep my mind off him being gone, or ways I can still be supportive when he is so far from me or ways to keep our relationship strong. Do I tell him I love him before he leaves? I don't want to freak him out, I just feel like that is one of those things that need to be said to someones face.  Sorry if I am offending anyone by posting in a wifes blog. Also if someone might be able to tell me what all these acronyms mean that the ladies are using up here. Thank you.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Hi Kimberly! Welcome to the group and congratulations on your new baby girl!

Quoting Kimberly_Ann:

Hi! I'm Kimberly, I have been married for 6 months now, my husband is stationed in Georgia where we are trying to find a place to live. We have a 16 week old daughter. It is hard when my husband has to leave to go back to Fort Benning and leaves me at home with our daughter, being newly weds and first time parents and having a husband in the military is really hard. I am glad I found a group to learn how to cope with the stress and loneliness.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group Tricia!

Quoting xtriciax:

hi im tricia. im 24, been an army wife for almost 5 rs. i have a 2 yr old DD and we are currently stationed at ft. gordon, GA. 

Leannhsmom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi My name is Melissa & my 18 yr old daughter just joined the army reserves. she leave for basic in august then stright to virginia for individual training. she will be gone for a total of 6 months. Shes our oldest so weve never done anything like this, i mean we are just now getting used to raising teenagers. Its breaking my heart to even think about letting her go. shes never been to far from home for more than just a few days. how do we get through this? my husband cried when we were told what date she will ship out for basic. how do we let go? shes our baby girl. she stands 5 ft 4 inches & weighs about 107 lbs. its really difficult to think about her being out there on her own. i dont want to sound like we arent supportive of her, we are. we have encouraged her throughout this whole process to follow her dreams but we just dont know how to let go for 6 months.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Welcome. I would tell him but that's just me.

Quoting LissyPooh28:

I am very new to blogging but I figured I need to give it a shot for my circumstances. I am not a military wife, I my boyfriend is in the army. I am a mom though (from a previous marraige). I know there are support groups for girlfriends, I will probably join one of those too. My name is Alyssa, I am 27. I live in VA Beach, VA. Anyways my bf is about to be deployed in 3 weeks for a year then he said hopefully be transferred to Fairbanks, AK. We've only been together for a little over 5 months, but I fell in love with him sometime during our second date. I have not told him this yet. Hes been talking about me moving with him to AK when he gets back and was trying to explain to me what life is like as a military wife. I have so many questions I figure I should ask real wives. I've never been separated from a significant other for this extended period of time and I already cry just thinking about him leaving. I don't know what I can do to keep my mind off him being gone, or ways I can still be supportive when he is so far from me or ways to keep our relationship strong. Do I tell him I love him before he leaves? I don't want to freak him out, I just feel like that is one of those things that need to be said to someones face.  Sorry if I am offending anyone by posting in a wifes blog. Also if someone might be able to tell me what all these acronyms mean that the ladies are using up here. Thank you.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Welcome! That must be hard but the time will pass and the you can visit. Pray for her!

Quoting Leannhsmom:

Hi My name is Melissa & my 18 yr old daughter just joined the army reserves. she leave for basic in august then stright to virginia for individual training. she will be gone for a total of 6 months. Shes our oldest so weve never done anything like this, i mean we are just now getting used to raising teenagers. Its breaking my heart to even think about letting her go. shes never been to far from home for more than just a few days. how do we get through this? my husband cried when we were told what date she will ship out for basic. how do we let go? shes our baby girl. she stands 5 ft 4 inches & weighs about 107 lbs. its really difficult to think about her being out there on her own. i dont want to sound like we arent supportive of her, we are. we have encouraged her throughout this whole process to follow her dreams but we just dont know how to let go for 6 months.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
Not that I know of. You can do a search for your area name and see if you can find others. Or you can start your own thread asking for others in your area to post.

Quoting lizards13:

Is there a way to look up posts in my area from local Mom's?

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Welcome to the group!

Quoting USMCwifey93:

Hi, Im Kimberly! I've been a military wife (USMC) for nearly 2 years and am a SAHM to my 6 month old son :) we're currently stationed in Oklahoma City, OK just outside of Tinker AFB.

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Welcome and hugs!

Quoting JeLisaMcK:

Hello! My name is JeLisa. I'm in Houston, and my boyfriend of over 2 years shipped off to basic training for the US Army yesterday. I'm having a hard time coping, and a friend suggested this site.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)