Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Welcome to Military Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Military Moms group!

Whether you are active duty, retired or a veteran service member or the spouse/parent of a current or former service member, you are all welcome here at Military Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (351-360):
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Hi and welcome.

Quoting Ashley0523:

hey I'[m Ashley 24 years old and married to my the love of my life and we are a air force family :) We have two boys our olest is turning 5 soon and our youngest is 18 months and we live in charleston sc :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Hi Katie, welcome. I have 3 boys too.

Quoting Kclark416:

Hi I'm Katie. My husband has been in the army for 10years, and Im so proud of him. We have 3 beautiful,wild boys. 7,2, and 3months old. I'm so glad to be able to find/ make friends who understand and know how I feel when my husband is gone.

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Welcome!

Quoting cherylann57912:

Hi, I'm Cherylann..  My son has been in the Army for 5 years now.  He's currently at Fort Lewis in Washington.  He's been stationed at Fort Hood and Fort Polk in the past and has been deployed twice. I live in Idaho and would love to meet other military moms and share experences. 

SlapItHigh
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh teases me about that, lol. But I so think its a good idea :).

Quoting all4gumby:

Hi,

We are looking forward to retirement, although I am a bit nervous, and trying to get everything together.  When we got married the deal was for my husband to do the first 20 and me to do the second 20, so as he becomes the SAHD, I will move into the workforce.  I think I got the better deal, he gets to teach the kids how to drive and handle the teenage years!  

Shelley

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Welcome! Are you looking forward to retirement?

Quoting all4gumby:

Hi Moms,

We are a US Coast Guard Family.  I am a veteran, and my husband is going on 20 years and looking to retire in the next 3 years.  I have 2 special needs children, and currently training a service dog.  Currently we are in California, but will be heading to Southeast Wisconsin this summer.

Shelley

cbpqueen
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello.  My name is Joan, I am a 40 year old single mom of four.  I just turned over my oldest 20 yo son to the army today.  He will be going to Ft. Jackson for basic.  Since this is my first one to leave my nest, and he is going into the military, I feel very alone and it is very hard putting on this brave face.

mrs-edwards910
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Rebekkah. I am a newlywed Air Force wife to a A1C at Buckley Air Force Base. I am a Colorado native and a mother to an amazing two year old little boy. I don't know anyone on base except some of my husbands friends and a few guys from his squadron. I would love to have some friends and mommy friends who have an idea of what it means to be an Air Force wife. We don't live on base and I work out side of the home. :) 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Welcome to the group Joan.

Now that it has been a couple days, how are you doing?

I will be in the same boat as you in a few weeks. My middle child will be leaving for basic as well.

Quoting cbpqueen:

Hello.  My name is Joan, I am a 40 year old single mom of four.  I just turned over my oldest 20 yo son to the army today.  He will be going to Ft. Jackson for basic.  Since this is my first one to leave my nest, and he is going into the military, I feel very alone and it is very hard putting on this brave face.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Hi Rebekkah! Welcome to the group.

Quoting mrs-edwards910:

Hi, my name is Rebekkah. I am a newlywed Air Force wife to a A1C at Buckley Air Force Base. I am a Colorado native and a mother to an amazing two year old little boy. I don't know anyone on base except some of my husbands friends and a few guys from his squadron. I would love to have some friends and mommy friends who have an idea of what it means to be an Air Force wife. We don't live on base and I work out side of the home. :) 

geminigirls
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! My name is Addie.  I was an Army wife for seven years and since the divorce I am trying to understand how to help my two daughters through military life.  Their father is a staff sergant at Fort Irwin.  I would like to join this group so I can find out how to be there for my daughters.

twin girls "Visualise your dreams as if they can come true" -Addie C. Strom

TiffLa
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Ladies!
My son is a junior in high school and has enlisted in the Army National Guard. He is 17 and will be 18 this May. He has been a Guard since early March. I watched him get sworn in and I was filled with so much pride ! I was also the only mom there , that day, who was new to being a military mom. Since then , he has been to his first RSP weekend and gotten his first check. He levea for Basic in May , 2 days before his 18th birthday. I already have so many conflicting, confusing emotions. I am always so proud to tell folks my son is a Guard, but I'm also overwhelmed with fear over what his future might hold , especially with all this stuff going on in North Korea lately.. I stay current on the news daily , almost obsessively. I also find myself wanting to spend every waking moment with him that I can , lately. I try not to show him my feat and be strong for him but I'm already a hot mess and he hasn't even left for Basic yet! I spend a lot of time working out with him , except that I don't run ( I also have COPD) but U try to keep up best I can. I'm trying to find worthwhile activities to throw my energy into and keep busy. I have a hard time finding other moms to talk to and what exactly would I say to them anyway? I'm so glad I found this group! I have been reading some posts on here and there seems to be a lot of support.

If I haven't lost anyone yet( this post is all over the place) , I have a question. Is it normal to already feel this crazy? What can I expect in the future , such as when he's gone for Basic? Also, where can I go to begin to learn about military culture and what it means to be a military mom? I am a hot mess of conflicting emotions and a stress ball doesn't do the on anymore.
Laura

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)