Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

what happens now?? (For military moms/wives)

Posted by   + Show Post
I've been told so many things change after marriage does anything really change?
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Replies (11-20):
lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Uniboob

Quoting adrianna1043:

Some people even grow a third boob.

Quoting asaffell:

One of your boobs gets smaller.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM

For at least 50% of the military wives I've met getting married means that:

• Your own weight gain will become invisible. You will gain 50lbs but be convinced that you can still fit into your 'before' clothes.
  • You think that your husband's rank is also your own rank. If your husband is an officer you begin to think that everyone should salute you. Even other civilians.
  • You will start to drink a lot on the weekend- every weekend.
  • If you live on base gossip becomes currency.
  • You will let your small children run around outside in only diapers without supervision because you will be too busy playing WOW, texting, playing Facebook games, or drinking. Maybe all at the same time.

Have fun!

Perfect.Pixie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Exactly! Its what you make of it. Military or not

Quoting Soniam301:

You get to shop on base, live on base and have tricare...Other than that, it is what you make of it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM

That is a brave and insightful contribution you have there, Anonymous.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Your own weight gain will become invisible. You will gain 50lbs but be convinced that you can still fit into your 'before' clothes.
  • You think that your husband's rank is also your own rank. If your husband is an officer you begin to think that everyone should salute you. Even other civilians.
  • You will let your small children run around outside in only diapers without supervision because you will be too busy playing WOW, texting, playing Facebook games, or drinking. Maybe all at the same time.

Have fun!

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Learned to be way more independent... Love my husband but honestly realized early on I cannot always rely on him.... Nature if the beast called the military lifestyle. 

4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Ah, stereotypes... Gotta love them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Have fun!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMWF
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Now you get to hang with other military wives...as long as their husbands are of the proper rank and all....

IAmE7
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:12 AM
You learn SO much about yourself.

Personally I learned that I'm a hellva lot stronger than I thought but truly enjoy not having to be so all the time.

I learned and FULLY believe that if more women knew about the no-tax and name brands available at the NEX that there's be an influx of women signing up...they're just not marketing it right.

That your time with your SO is amazingly precious. You'll form some very hard & fast thoughts regarding your SO's job, and what our government thinks he's worth. That national holidays like Veterans or ID4 will mean a little bit more now that you see what it mean/affects your spouse. You'll either love or hate your spouse's command/station/base. That the wives will keep you sane. That you either have an excellent sense of humor or don't.
That there's a reason he NEVER speed on base.

Change, good or bad, yeah it comes. Like I said you learn a lot about yourself.
Mistygirl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM

You have more access to the base, you also get to be more in the know with information regarding deployments. You become more apart of the military for sure.

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM
We should write a manual.

"All you need to know to be a military spouse"

Quoting MrsMWF:

Now you get to hang with other military wives...as long as their husbands are of the proper rank and all....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN