Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dealing with the flu and no support?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have the flu and have no one I can call to help out with my youngest kids since DH is not home. How do you deal with this? I've been trying to have snuggle time all day so I can rest on the couch but at 2 & 3 they can't do that for long. They do play pretty well in their rooms together but without someone else here sleeping is not an option.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aqua_Jen
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I just suck it up. All week I've been sick at home with two toddlers. Stuff still needs to get done so I make it happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pittawadda
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM

pretty much. I lay around and occasionally get up to change the program or put food out...haha

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

I just suck it up. All week I've been sick at home with two toddlers. Stuff still needs to get done so I make it happen.

klbetts
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Thanks! I know I have to suck it up but I didn't know if anyone else had any thing else I could possibly do to get rest while the kids were awake.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Can you do drop in daycare? What about calling a local daycare and letting them know your situation and see if they would be willing to take them for the week. Sittercity.com might be an option to find a in home nanny for a short period.

klbetts
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:47 PM
If I'm not working I can't afford to have my kids in daycare.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

Can you do drop in daycare? What about calling a local daycare and letting them know your situation and see if they would be willing to take them for the week. Sittercity.com might be an option to find a in home nanny for a short period.

ccmvm
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 AM

drop in care with an FCC provider (or even a daycare that does drop-in care) can be very affordable. I know around here it's roughly $5 an hour, you just have to call and see if they have a spot available that day.

and I am out of commission if i get sick, litterally cannot function. hope you feel better soon.

Quoting klbetts:

If I'm not working I can't afford to have my kids in daycare.

Quoting .oOMellyOo.:

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Been there - you just deal with it the best you can...

LLbaby143
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Ugh. Both my son and I had the flu in December and no help. I'm sorry!!! It's horrible!!!

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Yup. Just nap when they do. If they don't nap, still make them have quiet time in their beds for a hour or so.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Been there - you just deal with it the best you can...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM
4 moms liked this
I set out juice boxes and pop tarts then pass out on the couch and hope for the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)