Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Anyone at Holloman AFB??

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi,

Looking for people/groups at Holloman so I can figure out what kind of opportunities there are for us. I'll be about as big as a whale when we arrive in June (expecting in September), and I'd LOVE to know where to go to meet people and maybe where to get some good baby gear for cheap =)

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Odellsarah
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I'm a holloman mom I've been here for over a year and yet to meet anyone... My son is 10 1/2 months old. I'm 21 years old.

Engel2214
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Hi! Well I am hoping to meet people once we are there. We are flying there tomorrow!! Have you tried finding other moms through play groups or day care, maybe even the gym?

Musiq_Junkie
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Hi, I dont live on HAFB, but I do live in town. (dad prior military & fiance is off at basic training).im 22 & I have a 15 month old. I have her in an in home daycare during the school year (i commute to El Paso for school). Alamo is kind of a small town, not much going on. But they still have some activities 4 the kiddos.
Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I'm not now but I was for 5 lonnnnnng years. I also had my son why I was there. First I will tell you DO NOT have your baby at the local hospital Gerald Champion Regional (I did) go north to Ruidoso (what most Holloman moms do) or go to El Paso. It's awful. Second, go to the family support squadron on the base (building right next to Commissary) and sign up for Bundles for Babies. You'll get a boatload of free baby goodies. As for cheap baby gear, there is a thrift store in the center of town (I forget the name it's on White Sands Rd and its a green building across from the Chamber of Commerce/zoo) they have lots of great baby stuff and clothes and they support the pregnancy help center so they get a lot of baby gear. I'm not sure if it's still open because of sequester cuts but there is a great baby/toddler play place on the base next to the Family Support building called Kid Zone that was a great place to take my son. We just left last April and he and I used to go once a week. It was a good place to meet moms with new little ones. It's a tough place to get out with a little one because there's not much to do. If I can offer any other advice please don't hesitate to messege or email me I'd be happy to help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)