Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Brand new Navy Wife

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hi im Pam. 25 years old with 3 kids. Husband just left for basic and I am just looking for advice, support, and just to make new friends and chat. ,
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
pamelajoy0705
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Help?
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Stay busy is your best bet... And welcome to the group 

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Welcome to the group! Basically what Jersey said, stay busy. Don't just sit around waiting for the phone or computer to ring!

Armywife081011
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Same here pamelajoy. We have 2 little boys 1 and 2 and I am 27 weeks pregnant. Its just day 2 but super hard. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:56 AM

How on earth did they let him in with 3 kids and a wife? Are you guys married, engaged, or dating?

Pugsmuggler
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Welcome :) I've been a Navy spouse for 6 years, what kind of help were you looking for? What is your hubby going in as? Once you get to your first duty station I strongly recommended taking COMPASS, it is an introduction to Navy life and will teach you tons. It is free And they normally offer free baby sitting as well :)
IAmE7
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I agree with Pugsmuggler on taking a COMPASS class, I just did one. Meet new wives, and got "mentored" by seasoned ones! Learned a TON of stuff, where to gos, how to do, excellent ideas on communication really subject was taboo or question was dumb...

Excellent resource. If you don't know when/where your COMPASS class is, call your FFSC (Fleet & Family Service Center). I'd also download the app MilitaryTraveler pick your base, and you'll have every number of what's on bases there in your phone under that app.

If you're Navy have your husband connect you with his commands Ombudsman and if they have an FRG (Family Readiness Group).

Welcome, good luck and feel free to contact me via PM if you wanna talk more.
TippyD
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:32 PM

welcome to the Navy:) Been married to my Navy guy for over 8 years now. Lots of fun:) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN