Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help on tricare dental.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Hi everyone. I'm fairly to the army life. I have questions about dental on tricare. To get your wisdom teeth pulled how much does it all cost for co pay and everything? Do tricare cover any of the anithesia or laughing gas? If not how much is all of that. I know tricare covers some of the mouth x-rays and 70percent for the wisdom teeth. Is that for extraction or impacted? I really don't know and I need insight. I want to know as much as I can before I make an appointment. I do t want to go in and end up paying hundreds to pull out my wisdom teeth. We are a bit tight on money due to moving. Please help!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:31 AM

No clue as I had mine out in high school. I just had novicane for them to take mine out. I know I just paid 178 for a root canal. Still have to get the cap which will be about 500 I think.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Your dentist office should be able to give you a quote for the service, and how much insurance will pay.

Edit: you don't have to pay anything for a quote, and some dentists will work with you and put you on a payment plan.
Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:07 AM

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled it was fairly expensive. Tricare Dental doesn't cover any anesthesia. So I think all together I paid over $400. My oldest DS just had his top front baby teeth pulled in August and his bill was over $600 and more than half of it was the cost of anesthesia. The dental office that is going to do it should be able to give you a quote before hand. 

cocoroo
by Coco on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM
My 14 yo dd is having her's taken out in April. It is going to cost me just over $700 for all 4 to come out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:11 AM

You will need to discuss it with the dentist. His fees, as well as your spouse's rank, will determine your cost. We cannot give you that.

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM

You need to be prepared to drop at least $1000 if you are going to the oral surgeon and getting all four removed if they are so impacted they can't do it in the dentist's office.

mlogsdon
by Mary on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM
The quote I just got was close to 700, after what Tricare dental pays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I'm sure it varies by dentist fees and such. I had all four of mine removed when it was United Concordia for insurance. I didn't pay anything out of pocket, and this was three years ago. Like I said, I'm sure it varies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navywife2377
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:54 PM
You sometimes can get it done on base. I got mine done that way and didn't pay a penny. All I needed was a referral from my dentist and the X-rays. Call the DoD dentist and ask
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I had 2 pulled, knocked out, cost me $380 out of pocket. MetLife covers dental for military they cover 50%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)