• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Korea?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
My husband just got orders for there.
We have to decide quickly if he will go alone or if we want to change it so all of us will go.
Any info anyone has for me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Bump
Aqua_Jen
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Whether the family goes or stays is a personal decision and different for everyone. I would personally choose to go. It would be a great experience for our kids and I believe families should stay together as much as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cocoroo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I would go, but it is up to your family. My dh did an unaccompanied year there and it kind of sucked for us. He said if he gets orders again, we all go.
Aqua_Jen
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM
We had that talk too.

Quoting cocoroo:

I would go, but it is up to your family. My dh did an unaccompanied year there and it kind of sucked for us. He said if he gets orders again, we all go.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM
We are so torn Asa family. I jut want to go and then again the housing situation and everything else scares me because we do have four kids. I know nothing about the country at all

Quoting Aqua_Jen:

We had that talk too.

Quoting cocoroo:

barrelracer1699
by Chel on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband talked about doing a tour in Korea. He out of the blue asked if I would go with him. I told him I didn't think I could do Korea. I have never been out of the midwest, but told him I could maybe do Germany. 2 weeks later he got orders for Germany.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I'm from the Midwest too. How was it living in another country? We knew I would go with to Germany we just never thought about Korea and bam he has orders to Korea

Quoting barrelracer1699:

My husband talked about doing a tour in Korea. He out of the blue asked if I would go with him. I told him I didn't think I could do Korea. I have never been out of the midwest, but told him I could maybe do Germany. 2 weeks later he got orders for Germany.

CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Bump
Nyx12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM

it is a personal choose but i would say go its a great chance for children to see someplace different. its hard to be apart with an overseas tour like that me and my family are going thru it now and ive been asked how i do it.i honestly wish my hubby would have turned down his orders when we found out that me and my boys couldnt go with him.

bshaw913
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
We went with my husband and we were stationed in area 1. I had a child over there and when we were in Korea there wasn't even a school for the kids, and now threes a huge nice school and I believe they get buses everywhere :). It is very family friendly on base. Where we lived there was no on post housing but we lived off and it was amazing! So fancy and nice!!! After we left even in the "least " family friendly areas they were opening parks, a huge pool/ water area which was better than any I have seen in the States., and had tons of amenities fir the kids over there. If you can go over with and open mind to enjoy and embrace living in a different culture... go for it!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)