Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy While An Army Wife

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM
  • 4 Replies

So... just curious on some things. My hubby and I are trying to have our first little one. We have been trying since May of last year. I'm just not sure what is going on. 

We live off post, but at the same time, I go to the doctor on post. I guess it's the year of the baby boomers here at Fort Campbell, because even trying to get an appt has been hell. 

I last had a period In October 2012. And, then a couple of days after Christmas I bled for 3 days, not heavy and not bad. A few cramps, but I never have cramps so it was painful to me, and was a little out of the ordinary. I'm a nurse, So i know if it was too bad, what the situtation was and that I'd need to seek E.R attention immidiately. But I didn't feel it was necessary. I tried scheduling an appointment in Janurary , and they set it for the th, which was a Sunday, and they even called to confirm it the day before!!! and then boom, no appointment, next week... same thing, but when i called to confirm it the day before, there "seemed" to be a problem with my insurance saying I was on Tri-CARE standard, and not prime. 
I've not gotten my last name on my social and my military ID changed because I'm in my last semester of college and about to take my boards, and my nursing license and all would be difficult to change over and would take so long that by that time, I would be taking my boards at ugh... etc.. It's just too hectic and I plan on doing that in a month or so. No big deal I was assuming. Well My newest appointment is for tomorrow Because I've STILL yet to have a period that is suppose to be here on the 24th of every month. And I've tried the "not worrying about it" thing, because I work full time, and am in school full time, but I've had no positive tests, and i've been getting sick, fever-ish, and put on weight, and everything. I'm needing advice. Now they're telling me I need to be switched from Standard to prime insurance because somewhoe i "magically" came off the system, and am not enrolled, adn my name needs to be changed and all this. And they can't amke me change my name to be on his insurance, i'm so confused.... So... what do I do.???! Have any of you guys every had negative pregnancy tests and been pregnant?!! I know I'm a nurse, and could give advice like this to anyone who needed my help, but when you're one yourself, it's weird you want other peoples advice.  

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM

You don't have to change your name in the DEERS system.  There are sometimes glitches in the system that may be the cause for confusing. To be seen on base I believe you need prime and they take standard if they have space.  I'd call Tricare to confirm what you are under. 

It took me three years to concieve our little one... I kept not having periods, put on a little weight etc. I took alot of tests thinking I was pregnant then I wasn't. Then I chalked it up to the stress of teaching full time and doing grad school. Come to find out I had a prolactinoma... Hence all my pregnancy symptoms without being pregnant. Medication... Losing weight... And getting all around healthy def helped me to get preggos. Oh and some jerk neurosurgeon I was referred to off base told me I should give up trying to have kids because it wasnt going to happen. 

MrsEmmyK
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Oh and some jerk neurosurgeon I was referred to off base told me I should give up trying to have kids because it wasnt going to happen. "

How awful! Why did you see a neurosurgeon when you were trying to concieve, if you don't mind my asking?

JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I have the prolactinoma... The tumor pushing on mt optic nerve and pituitary gland was causing me horrible headaches and other things. I was getting the consult to remove the tumor. That doctor didnt know jack lol.  

Quoting MrsEmmyK:

Quoting JerseyAirGurl:

Oh and some jerk neurosurgeon I was referred to off base told me I should give up trying to have kids because it wasnt going to happen. "

How awful! Why did you see a neurosurgeon when you were trying to concieve, if you don't mind my asking?

painttheskyred
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

wow ok im so sorry you have to deal wtih tricare... personally i think they're a pain in the ass but they do have good coverage. anyway.... with my daughter i got 3 neg tests before i got the positive (i was already 8 weeks ). i would try and test again in a week or two if you still have no AF. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)