Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fort Jackson, South Carolina

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
  • 15 Replies

Anyone else out there have a loved one or someone they know at Fort Jackson, South Carolina? It would be nice to find someone to chat with that has someone there. Thanks.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallen77
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi. My son is at Fort Jackson. He just left reception this morning and went off to basic training. I would also love to have someone to talk to.

LuckyLady86
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Omg. No way. I think my fiance left reception area this morning too. They got to text family Wednesday night and he told me he would be moving to his training ground sometime Friday and they might get to call home Sunday afternoon or evening so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hope he can call. When did your son arrive there? Was it by chance on Tuesday? My fiance arrived there Tuesday night. Is this new to you with your son joining or have you been through it before? This is all new to me so it is hard to adjust. It is nice meeting you by the way. Hope we can talk more.

fallen77
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:08 PM

It's nice meeting you as well. My son arrived at Fort Jackson on Thursday of last week. It's hard for me having him so far away. I'm very close to my kids.I miss him like crazy. He has been able to call me everyday and text often. As of today that won't happen anymore tho. Cell phones have been locked away. He was able to call me for 30 seconds once he got over to basic to let me know he would be mailing me his address. That's all he was allowed to say. Ths is new to me as he is my oldest but we have been somewhat prepared since he has been planning to join since he was 14. He did ROTC in high school. That doesn't stop me from wishing he were home tho.

kendlsprdmom
by on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I Have a son who is arriving at Fort Jackson, SC. tonight. I am anxious to talk with other mom's going through, or having gone through this difficult time.

Thanks

layedbackmama
by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM
I was in AIT at Ft Jackson! That was many yrs ago. I can relate to how you moms feel tho. My son didn't go to Ft Jackson, he went to Ft Benning, GA last year. He is now deployed. But its hard when your son leaves for the Army. Especially during war time. I missed my son like crazy, hes my baby! And we are very close so now that he can't call home much drives me crazy. Hang in there, you'll be so proud when he graduates!
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I went to basic there years ago. Good times.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
AromaDrops33
by Member on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM
If you have any questions at all let me know, my husband was a Drill Sgt there for three years.
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Sep. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Not here, but I wish you all the best.

loopymom4
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM
My son graduated Basic there in May. Let me know if you have any questions. I can tell you what we experienced. The time will fly by!
kendlsprdmom
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Thank you so much for the kind words. And there is no doubt I will be so proud!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)