Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Fort Jackson, South Carolina

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone else out there have a loved one or someone they know at Fort Jackson, South Carolina? It would be nice to find someone to chat with that has someone there. Thanks.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Replies (11-15):
kendlsprdmom
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM

I received a text that he was leaving for Ft. Jackson at 11:00 am. Wendsday and he said he would be in touch in a couple weeks. I was pretty bumed about the couple weeks part. I understand he will be very busy and not able to write for awhile., but that's not what bothers me the most, I wish I had his address sooner than that, so that even though he can't write me, I could be, and others, writting to him and giving him positive encouragement during this toughest time. I know the very beginning he will be pushed physically and mentally to the extreme. I just want to have him read my letter saying "hang in there, you can do this, be strong, etc."  I just want to be there for him in the only way I can. I know positive encouragement is such a big deal right now. This is the toughest thing I have ever been through, but I know others have it even more difficult than I do. Thank you so much for all your kind words. It always helps to know your not alone! Everyone seems so nice on here.

kendlsprdmom
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

How soon will I get his address?

Is there a social page, such as a Ft.Jackson site, or Facebook page, some form

of social media than I can follow his progress?  

Thank you for your concern and assistance!

Ydm
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Hi... Yes, my son graduated from basic in February of this year. He is our only child. It was very difficult. I still struggle now that he stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas. During boot , we would hear from him occasionally for a very brief moment. Yes, their phones are locked away until they are allowed to use them briefly. It's a very short conversation. They don't have a lot of time. I had to learn not to take this personally. My son is my only child and we are very close. My son said he thought of home a lot during marches. That was his thinking time. Wait until u get letters. It's awesome! B sure to follow the instructions carefully. How to fill out his envelope. He was at Fort Jackson for boot and Fort Lee for AIT. I hope this helps you a little bit. Best wishes and hugs to uuuuu!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ydm
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Oh another thought came to me. I would text words of encouragement on his phone. Hoping when he finally had a moment to look. He would see all our words and quotes too! I knew he couldn't answer back, but when I had a down and missing moment , which was often. I would just text him! 😊
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SrkStrickland
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I used to live there. I love Columbia. It's nice :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN