Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Flipping on the Floor? PLEASE RESPOND!

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone ever heard of the term "flipping on the floor"? My husband was being recruited for Active Duty Army, and is currently in need of a waiver to be approved to ship. Now his recruiters are telling him that if he chooses Reserves, he is much more likely to get a waiver approved. So they coded him as a Reserve recruit. The more we thought about it, we want him to do Active Duty but his recruiters seem to be trying to sway him towards Reserves. They're now suggesting he switches to Active Duty once his waiver gets approved in a process called "Flipping on the Floor", which means on the day he picks his MOS, he picks an Active Duty MOS instead, switching from Reserves to Active. Is this a real thing, or even allowed, or are his recruiters spoon-feeding him lies in an attempt to get a Reserves recruit?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Apollos82
by Cassie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
They're BSing y'all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2jessnky
by Dedi on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I think your husband should tell them "I'm going to go see what the Marines (or Navy) have to say to me, I really want active duty" see what they do.

We did recruiting for 4 yrs, never once heard that term.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they're flippin out of their minds...

JulesFairy
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I have never heard the term either. It's been awhile since we were in the recruiting world though.

cincyarmywife
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I kinda thought they were BS'ing us ... they're officially driving us crazy at this point! He's calling Monday morning and making them switch him back to Active Duty. Thanks everyone!

cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Yep, I'm calling BS.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)