Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter leaves for basic on Monday

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 22 Replies

Hi,
My name is Caren.  My daughter leaves for basic on Monday.  I am very proud of her but at the same time I am having a difficult time.  She is the youngest of three children, all are adults now, but she's the baby and has helped me through some tough times in my life.  I have been searching for a support group for Army or Military moms.  Sometimes it seems to help when you can talk to parents that are or have been in the same situation.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
My son graduated from AF basic yesterday. He is my oldest. It is hard, but I'm so proud of him. He is still my goofy boy, but he takes so much pride in his uniform and his chosen path.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
febmom007
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
It is tough. Hope you find someone to talk to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Hi Caren and welcome!! You must be so proud of her! I am glad you found our group. Feel free to join right in. We have several moms whose children are in basic or just completed basic.

Quoting Gabby79:

Hi,
My name is Caren.  My daughter leaves for basic on Monday.  I am very proud of her but at the same time I am having a difficult time.  She is the youngest of three children, all are adults now, but she's the baby and has helped me through some tough times in my life.  I have been searching for a support group for Army or Military moms.  Sometimes it seems to help when you can talk to parents that are or have been in the same situation.

Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I am the daughter, sister, niece and wife of retired military.  My son is active duty.  I will do or support you how ever I can.

what branch of the military is she entering.  We're all Air Force except my aunt she was Navy.  Does she know what she will be doing?  I know how hard it is when your baby leaves.  It took me a long time to get over.  My baby is 32 now.  It gets better, Hubs and I relish our time together now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Don't depend on your kids for emotional support, and make sure she doesn't wind up being a company pump.   Starts as early as basic..... lots of females wind up being raging whores when they join.  I know one female that isn't.... and she is disgusted to work around the others.  

Btw, basic is nothin.  Just search on here for military moms.... though this group should do.  

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Such a bold statement from a chicken shit anonymous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't depend on your kids for emotional support, and make sure she doesn't wind up being a company pump.   Starts as early as basic..... lots of females wind up being raging whores when they join.  I know one female that isn't.... and she is disgusted to work around the others.  

Btw, basic is nothin.  Just search on here for military moms.... though this group should do.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Doesn't mean that it isn't true lol.  Most of the females that are enlisted can't pull their weight even a little bit and flatback for attention.   Especially those Army ones.  AF... not quite as bad, Marines, ehhh.  Don't know much about Navy chicks.  Common knowledge that it's easy to get an army gal.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Anonymous:

anchorgurl
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Hi Caren, This is your "big" day.  Just be proud of her and know that she is making a decision that she has been thinking about for some time.  It sounds like the two of you have a very close relationship and that will not change; your communication might be limited for a while, but it doesn't mean that she isn't thinking of you.  When she graduates...you will share that achievement with her.

My DH has three children and one of them, his daughter, wants to follow him to the Academy.  It's been heartwrenching to say the least because he knows how tough it is going to be for her.  At the same time, he is also proud that she wants this career because life has not always been easy for them (I'm the second wife and the first marriage was very difficult) and she still feels it is important that she serves despite the lifestyle implications.  He puts on a good face when he talks to her, or when she is with us, and I have seen his face afterward.  It will be challenging, but she will be fine.  She will be busy, tired...and have a huge sense of accomplishment at the end.  Hang in there :)

HudsonArmyMom
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM

My son left for basic on the 23rd. It has been hard on me. I just received his first 2 letters, and they brought tears to my eyes. We are from California, and his BCT is at Ft Benning Georiga. It feels like he is on another planet. What is your daighter's MOA? My son will be a combat medic. I am good with the medic part, but the combat part scares me.

Gabby79
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Anonymous,

You are a sick individual!!!!  Or just an idiot...

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't mean that it isn't true lol.  Most of the females that are enlisted can't pull their weight even a little bit and flatback for attention.   Especially those Army ones.  AF... not quite as bad, Marines, ehhh.  Don't know much about Navy chicks.  Common knowledge that it's easy to get an army gal.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)