Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Daughter leaves for basic on Monday

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,
My name is Caren.  My daughter leaves for basic on Monday.  I am very proud of her but at the same time I am having a difficult time.  She is the youngest of three children, all are adults now, but she's the baby and has helped me through some tough times in my life.  I have been searching for a support group for Army or Military moms.  Sometimes it seems to help when you can talk to parents that are or have been in the same situation.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Replies (21-22):
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Ahh experience. What experience is that? First hand? Hahaha!

Quoting Anonymous:

From my experience, it happens with enlisted far more often than officers.... but yeah.  Hysterical I guess?

Quoting SierraLynn:

I also enjoy how you say only enlisted tear apart marriages. Started my morning off right, with a big laugh provided by idiocy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, so you're not currently in??  Tell me allllll about what you know.  What work do you do in behavioral health where this stuff comes up from the enlisted soldiers tearing apart marriages?  How many of your friends did you watch this happen to?  Probably 45/50 of the females I've dealt with personally have either slept with MANY of their male "coworkers" or gotten trashed/ high as often as they possibly could.  Not to mention the ones that get pregnant to get out of delpoyments... or make the guys do their work for them because they can't lift stuff or don't "wanna".  

Never dealt with an AF or Marine female being too weak or lazy to do their job, however.  

Quoting SierraLynn:

OP, dont listen to the bullshit this anon is spewing. I was in the Army for a number of years and multiple posts and deployments and only met 2 of these "whores".I They do exist, but not nearly in the amounts to which anon thinks there is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call it like I see it.  The rampant amount of "easy access" females in the Army is scary.  The one female friend I was talking about that was disgusted to work around the others.... she would leave her chu in iraq because her "roomie" was cycling guys in and out.... she was married.... and most of them were too.  i don't think they're are easy when they join, i think a lot of them are too immature and try to fit in the with boys and being flippant about sex.  at another post, i know of quite a few females that bragged about screwing their way through some promotions and out of extra duty.  you hear all the time... online, from friends, etc about women sleeping with married soldiers overseas, knowing their married, and that's all to boost their self esteem, which is pathetic.  

AF girls seem to have some self respect.  Army females generally just seem to exist to annoy the guys they work with then beg for attention from them.  

Not sick if it's true.  

Quoting Gabby79:

Anonymous,

You are a sick individual!!!!  Or just an idiot...

Quoting Anonymous:

Doesn't mean that it isn't true lol.  Most of the females that are enlisted can't pull their weight even a little bit and flatback for attention.   Especially those Army ones.  AF... not quite as bad, Marines, ehhh.  Don't know much about Navy chicks.  Common knowledge that it's easy to get an army gal.  

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Such a bold statement from a chicken shit anonymous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't depend on your kids for emotional support, and make sure she doesn't wind up being a company pump.   Starts as early as basic..... lots of females wind up being raging whores when they join.  I know one female that isn't.... and she is disgusted to work around the others.  

Btw, basic is nothin.  Just search on here for military moms.... though this group should do.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 5, 2013 at 9:50 PM

No, I have not had my marriage interfered with... or attempted to interfere with someone elses.  If that's what you're implying.  

Quoting SierraLynn:

Ahh experience. What experience is that? First hand? Hahaha!

Quoting Anonymous:

From my experience, it happens with enlisted far more often than officers.... but yeah.  Hysterical I guess?

Quoting SierraLynn:

I also enjoy how you say only enlisted tear apart marriages. Started my morning off right, with a big laugh provided by idiocy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)