Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Anyone use USAA?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My husband and I do basically everything through USAA. Recently I had an automobile accident. I was stopped at an intersection that had  red flashing lights.I completely stopped and looked both ways. I didn't see anyone coming so I preceeded to make a left hand turn. Apparently someone was coming from the left and hit me. My van, which is a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan, suffered major damage. The van is now only worth about $5500 and the total damage is about $4400. The company who made the estimate will also be the company to fix it; if it is reparible. So my question is: Has anyone been in a similar situation? What happened with your car? Was it totaled? 

The company who estimated the damages thinks it's gonna be totaled. I want to know others experience with USAA.

I almost pray that it will be since I won't get a good trade in value for it now and I was having prior issues with it. 

TIA

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SierraLynn
by Just Me on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I cant answer your question....

But why post Anon for something like this?

erin708
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I did. My dh crashed my car after he fell asleep. I thought it would have been totalled but it wasn't. We just paid the deductuble and had it fixed. Wish I would have been totalled.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkohler
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:56 PM

We use USAA.  I've never been in a situation like this, but my brother also has USAA and wrecked his car recently.  It was totalled.  He said even though it was an awful thing, he was very pleased with USAA.  Hope you get everything figured out.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Who's fault was it? 

Is the auto insurance from the other people repairing your car? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

I will be at fault. The person making a left hand turn is always at fault in the state that I am currently residing. It really sucks tho because I could prove he was speeding but it won't matter much. 

And to a previous poster- I post anonymous on a lot of posts that I think I might or could get bashed for. This could be one of those because someone always has something bitchy to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who's fault was it? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Oh, okay   sometime they come out no where after just looking there a second ago.  :-/

So, what does USAA say will they cover the damages if your car is fully covered?   

Quoting Anonymous:

I will be at fault. The person making a left hand turn is always at fault in the state that I am currently residing. It really sucks tho because I could prove he was speeding but it won't matter much. 

And to a previous poster- I post anonymous on a lot of posts that I think I might or could get bashed for. This could be one of those because someone always has something bitchy to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

Who's fault was it? 

JocelynsMama1
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM

we use USAA for everything but I cant be of much help...all I know is they were great about giving me the exact amount i needed when I faxed in 2 estimates (you have ot send 2) but mine wasnt even close to being totaled

ebbierowe
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I rear ended someone in our van like 6 years ago. USAA said there was frame damage and totaled it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I'll find out Monday or Tuesday. I am really hoping that they just total it because I am afraid that the car would not be the same after. Also like I said it was having issues anyways. I needed to get a new altinator and replace the power steering fluid pump. Also I am afraid that the trade in value will go down significantly because of how bad teh accident was. I couldn't drive it away. It ran but was pretty beat up and lost some of its parts. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, okay   sometime they come out no where after just looking there a second ago.  :-/

So, what does USAA say will they cover the damages if your car is fully covered?   

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Who's fault was it? 

Tatiana7
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
USAA was awesome when my Husband wrecked our 2005 Ford F250. It was totaled. USAA gave us the value of it and we were able to pay off the small balance we owed the bank on it. Yay! They handled our rental for 30 days and we had enough to put a down payment on a little 2012 Nissan Versa sedan. I'm very pleased with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)