Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

damage from PCS

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

Not sure if it's called a PCS since it was a final move when DH EASed but you get the point. Anyway, the movers broke my washer and are taking foreverrrr to do anything about it. It's already been just over a month. Can we go ahead and pay for someone to fix it (if it can be fixed) and have them reimburse us? Or should we just wait and have them pay for it?

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I would contact them and see what's taking them so long.  Find out if they would pay for fixing it if they find in your favor.  I'd hate to say "fix it" and they come back and tell you they won't touch it since you fixed it on your own...

averagemama0609
by Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:23 PM

That's what I was just telling my husband. Him being the genius he is though, deleted the freaking e-mail they sent. Which didn't even have any of the information they said it would, but it at least had a phone number on it. I guess I need to go through my phone and call all the random numbers to see if I can get ahold of the woman who called.

gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM

you need to call them, they have 90 days to settle the claim. but I would call and see what is going on with your claim.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN