Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

S/O (sort off) From PIOG. Do any of you know anyone who has been arrested for cheating?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 24 Replies

I know, I know this is an absolutely ridiculous question, but I'm nothing if not thorough. In another group, a poster, (who is not a military spouse), gave an OP advice about her possibly cheating husband. The poster stated to the OP that she needed to go to her JAG office and they would have him arrested for cheating, because it happened to a "friend" of hers, and he spent time in jail. I called bullshit and have declared several times in loud, capitol letters that no, they don't arrest people for infidelity, and that you wouldn't go through the JAG office anyway. This poster is insisting she is right, and I'm insisting that she's wrong, but in the effort of not making myself a hypocrite, I figured I would ask if any of you knew of a service member who was arrested and jailed for infidelity. 

In 15 years in and around the Navy, I've never once heard of someone being arrested for infidelity, but I've known many cheating spouses. The worst that has ever happened to any of them is threats and career counseling, with the exception of the officers who were cheating with junior enlisted girls underneath them. (Pun intended.)

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Saintsational
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I knew a guy who was single but messing around with a spouse of another service member. The husband found out and decked the guy at a bar. Word got back to the command. Guy was reprimanded but not thrown in jail.

nataliesmom2012
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

The closest thing to being thrown in jail that I've ever saw in my personal experience was when two sailors who worked together decided to wife swap. Both couples were swingers but I guess one of them took things too far with the other's wife and they were both put on restriction for a month. As for those who are just cheating and were turned into the command, they were forced to call their wives and tell them what they did. That's it. The part that made me laugh was that it was the wives who turned these guys in so obviously they already knew their husbands were cheating on them.

cholita1978
by Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
One command I was stationed at, the girl got restriction for 30 days (she couldn't leave the ship), lost money and her rank. The guy got transferred quick ( he was higher rank, so they went easier on him)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DvlDogWfe
by Stella on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I have not heard of them being jailed. Yes, they may have to go through counseling and probably would affect any chance of promotions or re-enlistments. Especially now days.

JMmama
by Kara on Feb. 5, 2013 at 5:33 PM
We knew a guy who was "sexually inappropriate with a subordinate". As a captain, he teabagged a SSGT and someone took pictures. I believe he also slept with one or more of the airmen in his command. IIRC, infidelity (or whatever technical term they use) was included in the laundry list of transgressions in his court marshal. I can't remember if he sat in jail at all (this was several years ago and it isn't like we were close to him) but he was definitely dishonorably discharged. Of course, what he did was more than just cheating on his spouse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Yucky! Lol

Quoting JMmama:

We knew a guy who was "sexually inappropriate with a subordinate". As a captain, he teabagged a SSGT and someone took pictures. I believe he also slept with one or more of the airmen in his command. IIRC, infidelity (or whatever technical term they use) was included in the laundry list of transgressions in his court marshal. I can't remember if he sat in jail at all (this was several years ago and it isn't like we were close to him) but he was definitely dishonorably discharged. Of course, what he did was more than just cheating on his spouse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by Ada on Feb. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I asked my husband.... He said no. They get written up and maybe busted down.

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Our neighbor cheated on her husband while deployed and got pregnant. She did get an article 15 which resulted in loss of pay for 6 months, but that was all. I've never heard of anyone being jailed, but we're still new-ish to the military. (4 yrs)

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Just asked dh and and he said no. He has been in for 14 years (Marines)

supermommie1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 11:41 PM

the husband has been in the NAVY for 13 years, he said no!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN