Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

S/O (sort off) From PIOG. Do any of you know anyone who has been arrested for cheating?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know, I know this is an absolutely ridiculous question, but I'm nothing if not thorough. In another group, a poster, (who is not a military spouse), gave an OP advice about her possibly cheating husband. The poster stated to the OP that she needed to go to her JAG office and they would have him arrested for cheating, because it happened to a "friend" of hers, and he spent time in jail. I called bullshit and have declared several times in loud, capitol letters that no, they don't arrest people for infidelity, and that you wouldn't go through the JAG office anyway. This poster is insisting she is right, and I'm insisting that she's wrong, but in the effort of not making myself a hypocrite, I figured I would ask if any of you knew of a service member who was arrested and jailed for infidelity. 

In 15 years in and around the Navy, I've never once heard of someone being arrested for infidelity, but I've known many cheating spouses. The worst that has ever happened to any of them is threats and career counseling, with the exception of the officers who were cheating with junior enlisted girls underneath them. (Pun intended.)

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Replies (21-24):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Quoting steviechick:

My ex cheated on me when he was active duty.  He even fathered two kids while active duty.  He switched duty stations (WV) to a local unit then moved in with the gf while pretending to be active duty.  Just six days before he left for deploymen to Kuwait he finally told me of his dasterdly deeds.  I immediately spoke to my stbx's first sergeant about the infidelity and the fact that I didn't have an ID card in over 9 months renewed (my ex kept coming up with excuses for not renewing my ID card).  He knew that if I had found out about his new unit, etc., he would be in serious trouble with his CO.  He got orders for deployment back in July and told me and my DD that he was going to be deployed to Kuwait at the beginning of August of 2011.  On Aug 21st he told  me of his affair and his one child.  The second child I found out about from my own DD - after my stbx told her.  The second child was born just two weeks before we got divorced.   I got my ID renewed and was more or less told the CO would get a hold of me.  The unit was transitioning into deployment just four days later.  While my ex was deployed I spoke to his acting CO several times.  About the affair and everything else.  He told me that he couldn't do anything until my stbx came back from deployment.  I waited until my ex came back and then found out that he didn't re-up in August.  He had put in 6 years in the National Guard.  He was due to re-up but decided not to.  He knew I was about to go off on his CO about the affair.  He decided it was best to no re-up. Oh, and he also declared a Chapter 7 just a month before he decided not to re-up.  Something else that would have ensured he stayed an E-5. 

Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Dizzzzz right hurr

Quoting jas_momof2:

Not for cheating no...  Reduction in rank and pay, yes...get kicked out, possibly...jail?  Not unless there was some physical violence going on at the same time some mp's were there...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting steviechick:

My ex cheated on me when he was active duty.  He even fathered two kids while active duty.  He switched duty stations (WV) to a local unit then moved in with the gf while pretending to be active duty.  Just six days before he left for deploymen to Kuwait he finally told me of his dasterdly deeds.  I immediately spoke to my stbx's first sergeant about the infidelity and the fact that I didn't have an ID card in over 9 months renewed (my ex kept coming up with excuses for not renewing my ID card).  He knew that if I had found out about his new unit, etc., he would be in serious trouble with his CO.  He got orders for deployment back in July and told me and my DD that he was going to be deployed to Kuwait at the beginning of August of 2011.  On Aug 21st he told  me of his affair and his one child.  The second child I found out about from my own DD - after my stbx told her.  The second child was born just two weeks before we got divorced.   I got my ID renewed and was more or less told the CO would get a hold of me.  The unit was transitioning into deployment just four days later.  While my ex was deployed I spoke to his acting CO several times.  About the affair and everything else.  He told me that he couldn't do anything until my stbx came back from deployment.  I waited until my ex came back and then found out that he didn't re-up in August.  He had put in 6 years in the National Guard.  He was due to re-up but decided not to.  He knew I was about to go off on his CO about the affair.  He decided it was best to no re-up. Oh, and he also declared a Chapter 7 just a month before he decided not to re-up.  Something else that would have ensured he stayed an E-5. 

Yeah, my ex is a real 'winner'.  He got out because he knew he was toast in the military.  His loss and the military's gain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I posted here before about that and I've only seen one. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)