Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

New member!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hell all! My name is Jodie and I recently got married in October to the man I didn't think I could ever find! He's amazing to me. I have many medical problems my whole life and I didn't think I'd ever find someone who would want to "take care" of me my whole life or that I would ever find answers to why I am always sick, but right before he left in the Army we found out that I have no immune system. So now I go and get treatments every 3 weeks. So my life has been changing quite rapidly. Not having my hubby by my side 24/7 it is very hard to get through this boot camp alone.He is an amazing guy and he is doing this so we can start a family together and have great benefits but the 4 years we've been together we've never spent them apart. 

I have no support system here and I have been trying to find websites close to home to try and connect to army wives that are going through or have been through this stage in the army and could help me get through this. I am reaching out hoping I make some new friends to help guide me along my way and just to now i'm not alone. 

I know I wrote a littlee much but I could use  some support and someone to talk to to try and get through thhese hard times while he is gone. I'm a pretty out going person and spend a lot of time online. I do not work as of right now and I live in Hernando county. Anyone that could use a friend I could use some advice. 

Thank you for listening. Jodie

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hellomilla
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Welcome! My name is Bre and my husband just graduated Army basic training a couple of weeks ago. He is in AIT now. We've been together almost three years and had never even been apart a weekend before. It was hard at first but you adjust :) Im not saying I don't miss him, Im just used to it. It's our future so we have to get used to it. How long has he been gone for BCT now?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group! Best thing to do is to keep yourself busy. It is always hard no matter if it is your first time, or your 20th time.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Feb. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM

Hi Jodie!

Welcome to the group. We are glad to have you.
Congratulations on your marriage!

Quoting Jodie1019:

Hell all! My name is Jodie and I recently got married in October to the man I didn't think I could ever find! He's amazing to me. I have many medical problems my whole life and I didn't think I'd ever find someone who would want to "take care" of me my whole life or that I would ever find answers to why I am always sick, but right before he left in the Army we found out that I have no immune system. So now I go and get treatments every 3 weeks. So my life has been changing quite rapidly. Not having my hubby by my side 24/7 it is very hard to get through this boot camp alone.He is an amazing guy and he is doing this so we can start a family together and have great benefits but the 4 years we've been together we've never spent them apart. 

I have no support system here and I have been trying to find websites close to home to try and connect to army wives that are going through or have been through this stage in the army and could help me get through this. I am reaching out hoping I make some new friends to help guide me along my way and just to now i'm not alone. 

I know I wrote a littlee much but I could use  some support and someone to talk to to try and get through thhese hard times while he is gone. I'm a pretty out going person and spend a lot of time online. I do not work as of right now and I live in Hernando county. Anyone that could use a friend I could use some advice. 

amonkeymom
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Welcome Jodie!  Congrats on your marriage!

Jodie1019
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Thank you to both! I gotta place around with the site nd see how it all works.

Jodie1019
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM

He' s been gone since Jan 20th. They said hopefully after Basic when he goes to AIT i'll be able to find an apartment  as close to base as possible. Bcause after 3 weeks or so, they will be able to go off campus on weekend. So if I move out there atleast I'll see him 3 days a week and be closer to him. It just gets lonley I don't have any children yet we were trying before he left but nothing has happened. So it's just me and my llittle puppy. 

Armywife081011
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Hi Jodie! I think it is normal to feel this way. Me and my dh were the same. Never apart except for when he was at work. I am pregnant with our third child which happens to be our first girl! We had been waiting for a girl for a long time! Love Love Love our boys but have always wanted a princess :) It was hard thinking about having our first daughter something we have both been looking forward to for so long without him but being away from him has made me realize how strong I am and that is a truely amazing feeling. You can do it too! I have never thought I was going to be able to handle life "alone" or taking care of my entire family by myself. It has taught me so much already and it has only been since January 28th. Find something to pass time and Idk research homeopathic remedies for your ailment. Those are the kinds of things I do to keep me busy. I read, research interesting things, find things to do around the house, play with the kids. Good luck! 

Jodie1019
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:40 AM

That's so weird my husband went to basic on Jan 28 as well. Where did he get sent to? And  where do you live at.? And we had tried to have kids were only 24 and I had a miscarriage so it was really rough on us to "te"y again cause of that fear. But He wants a girls first because we (well I am) a Disney fanatic!! I love all the princesses and he loves all the classic Mickeys and we have season passes this year cause we only live 2 hours from Orlando so we went every other week! But I want a boy first! So, it's just a matter of trying again and were really excited for when that time comes I know it won't matter as long as it is healthy.

I'm really glad your finally having a girl!! David (husband) wants one just to spoil and be a daddy's girl! He says hes so ready to be a dad. I know its hard right now but it will all be worth it in the end. As him and I always say.....Every happily ever after starts with a once upon a time!

Quoting Jodie1019:

sarah8349
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM
My husband and I are newlyweds and new parents and he's away at basic training (again). It's tough but it makes you stronger, and makes your relationship stronger.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN