Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody at Ft. Bliss now or has been to Ft. Bliss?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
  • 7 Replies

My family and I just got to Ft. Bliss but have no idea whether to live on post or off post? The only houses on post at this time are way too small and old. Does anybody know of good areas to live in and good schools? Please help!

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
armymom58
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is stationed at Ft Bliss and he lives off base. He lives south of the base on the east side of town. He really likes El Paso and feels very safe in his area.  There are areas on the west side of town that he would have liked to live but the traffic is so bad, it would have taken him  45 minutes to get to work. He lives in the area of Lee Trevino Ave and Del sol Ave. Hope that helps!!

rwcollins
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

We used to live there about 5 years ago. We lived off post on the NE side of town, off Diana Drive. There's lots of new houses up that way and good schools, plus close to base. I hope that helps. Good luck on your new home!

RebeccaforPR
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 PM

The Lee Trevino is a really great spot to check out. It's closer to base too(If I remember correctly) and the traffic never seemed to terrible in that area. Beautiful area, enjoy it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

OFF post, east or far east.   Be careful though, very careful.  There's a lot of shady places.  Go down Montana Ave, once you hit 375 you're in a good area til you start hitting the "nothing".  You'll know what I mean.  Try to live back there, it's relatively quiet.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM
We moved from there almost a year ago but were stationed there for 2 yrs. First year we lived in the 79925 area at the citadel apartments and hated it. Way too close to I-10. Too noisy. The second yr we lived on the Far East side and loved it over there. Quieter but still close to everything and it was 15 mins to my dh's work on Biggs field. A lot of ppl hate it there, and honestly I didn't like it while we lived there, but now I totally miss it lol. I wouldn't mind going back someday.
Griselda213
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:16 AM

Thank you ladies for all of your help. We ended up living on the East part and can honestly say that we like it here and boy is this area growing :) Even though I really do not like the sand in the house all of the time lol its a lot better than the area we used to live in. Thanks again ladies! :) 

steviechick
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I lived in Ft. Biggs back in 1977-78 when my step-dad attended CSM Academy.  I remember the airfield being right off of the housing area.  I went to public school in El Paso.  There wasn't a DoD school available back then.  However, we had the PX and commissary, and all the amendites (bowling alley, theater, post office, and chapel).  All the homes looked the same.  Small, ranch-style homes made of ugly stucko pink, gray, green and cream colors.  I remember going to Juarez and throwing pennies at all the poor kids below some bridges.  Leather was dirt cheap back then and my mom bought a lot of leather items.  We went to the mountains a lot and liked going out and about in El Paso. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)