Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

New military mom

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been without my son for 12 days now.  It has been the hardest thing

I have ever been through.   He  is only at basic training, I should be happy that he is safe for the time being.  

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM

That's so hard!  I know you miss him terribly, but must be so proud as well.  (((hug)))

Quoting missmyboy511:

I have been without my son for 12 days now.  It has been the hardest thing

I have ever been through.   He  is only at basic training, I should be happy that he is safe for the time being.  

missmyboy511
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

we  are very proud of him!! been through alot of drama with him. It was time for him to move on.

cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:39 PM
What branch? My son graduated AF basic a week ago. I missed him (still do), but I'm so proud of him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LuckyLady86
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Hi missmyboy511. My fiance left January 29th for bct then goes to ait after that. I know how you feel. It is hard to go without your loved one at home. My fiance will be gone for almost 5 months if he stays on track to graduate. Before my fiance left we found out we are expecting our first baby together if everything goes smoothly without any complications and I have two boys from a previous relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting missmyboy511:

we  are very proud of him!! been through alot of drama with him. It was time for him to move on.

I had to giggle at your comment and I certainly could relate.  ;-)

lizzielouaf
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM
2 moms liked this
My son graduated in January and the difference in him is amazing. He even looked like he grew lol. The hardest part for me was looking at my baby and realizing he was a man.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
enof21213
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Hang in there, Momma...I had one graduate the end of Jan., and is now in Tech. School...and a second that is in AF BMT now and will graduate in March.  I cried for two weeks before each of them left.  It's a rough ride, yet seeing them "morph into men"...it so totally worth it!!!  The first graduation ceremony was incredible, and very inspirational...if you can attend, by all means do.  Blessings to you and yours...

cocoroo
by Coco on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Where is your son that is in Tech School?  Mine is at Lackland for Tech. He hates SA and wants to leave so badly.

Quoting enof21213:

Hang in there, Momma...I had one graduate the end of Jan., and is now in Tech. School...and a second that is in AF BMT now and will graduate in March.  I cried for two weeks before each of them left.  It's a rough ride, yet seeing them "morph into men"...it so totally worth it!!!  The first graduation ceremony was incredible, and very inspirational...if you can attend, by all means do.  Blessings to you and yours...

missmyboy511
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM

He is in he army.

Katrowkat
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:52 PM

My son is at Fort Benning, Ga. and he has been gone for 3 weeks and we have only gotten 2 phone calls and 2 letters. They are so busy that time will fly for him but you for you it will be slow. It kills me every day, but I know I will see him soon. Just show him all the support you can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)