Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well...I certainly didn't see THAT coming...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM
  • 36 Replies
I went to the ER on Friday, on orders from my PCP. I had had a migraine for 6 days at that point.

After a CT scan and an MRI, it was discovered the I do not have a migraine, rather I have a headache caused by a cystic tumor.

I have a 4mm colloid cyst in the third ventricle at the foramen of Monro.

What the fuck.

I have to see a neurosurgeon at OHSU within the next two weeks, and if my headache gets worse, I have to go directly back to the ER. If the cyst expands, it will block the fluid that flows through the ventricles in my brain and it will kill me, much like an aneurism.

Please, please pray for me! I am not afraid to die. I know I will go to heaven to be with my Savior and I am thrilled to have that peace, but I DO NOT want to leave my daughter or my husband. They need me too much.

And my head still hurts like a bitch and there is nothing they can do. I quit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you, and your family! Please keep us updated!

cjsix
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Cassie,I am so sorry. I understand how scary that would be. Please let us know how you are doing.

Lord,guide the doctors as they take care of this young wife and mother,give them the knowledge they need to take care of her,give them gentle words as they talk to her and her family. Grant Cassie and her family the strength they need in the coming days and weeks,wrap them in your loving arms,comfort them and give them peace. huggingHugs...

violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Oh no! Wow, that is so scary. Prayers and hugs to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Oh my gosh, that's scary! Prayers for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Hugs and prayers.

Where are you located. I have a few family contacts and friends scattered through out the us that can point you an awesome neurologist.
lucky2Beeme
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Hugs and prayers momma. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Oh wow!  Our thoughts and prayers are with you...  Please, keep us updated...

Soniam301
by Sonia on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I hope it doesn't take 2 weeks to get you in, that seems pretty serious to wait that long.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
4ever-SJ
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Wow. You've certainly been through a lot lately. This coming right on the heels of your husband being attacked...

I cannot believe they didn't admit you. Did they proscribe any for the pain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Nothing for the pain. They gave me Imitrex when we first got there. It helped a little. I think I did have a migraine overlapping the headache from the cyst, but there isn't anything they can do, really, for this type of pain.

Like Sonia said, I will be trying to get in sooner than two weeks. I don't feel comfortable walking around a ticking time bomb. Really, who does?

I have no um...I've forgotten the word. No fluid build up *around* the cyst, which is a good sign. I'm just so scared...

Quoting 4ever-SJ:

Wow. You've certainly been through a lot lately. This coming right on the heels of your husband being attacked...

I cannot believe they didn't admit you. Did they proscribe any for the pain?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)