Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow. update

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 45 Replies
So Friday afternoon I was hanging blinds required by us to replace. My silly if large dog bumped my chair and I fell landing all 110lbs on my right knee. Instant stars. Called my best friend oddly enough she arrived just as I texted dh. We ended up in the ER they said it was only bruised.

Yesterday my pain intensified and this time went to the civilian hospital. I broke my new cap in two and I'm looking at surgery. I'm upset obviously that naval missed it.

Now gotta wait to see the ortho clinic, and tips to get in quicker??

***update**
I can't.see ortho till 28th***
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessplus31979
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:58 PM

They might have missed it because of swelling. Unfortunately you will have to wait your turn. Most cases in the ortho are severe if not worse than yours. Trust me I am a pro with that lol. I have had two surgies on my knee and one was with a tumor that required me to have a bone graph done of my hip to replace it in my knee and sometimes it took forever to get seen. 

kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Great. The 2nd er said I needed to be seen yesterday LOL. I've been here before only took a week to get in but the pain is so bad. I know I shouldn't bitch just Suck it up but damn.

Quoting Jessplus31979:

They might have missed it because of swelling. Unfortunately you will have to wait your turn. Most cases in the ortho are severe if not worse than yours. Trust me I am a pro with that lol. I have had two surgies on my knee and one was with a tumor that required me to have a bone graph done of my hip to replace it in my knee and sometimes it took forever to get seen. 

kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Naval didn't even do x rays or anything just said bye
Jessplus31979
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM

lol they should be able to get you in within a week if not sooner. They are normally good about that when it is right after an injury. YOu poor thing. i feel you trust me. When we are in pain I swear it is like time goes slow lol. I hope you feel better. Get lots of rest and keep it propped up. Easier said than done I know :) 

Jessplus31979
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM

omg really? They didn't even do x-rays? That is odd! Oh that would have made me furious girl!

Jessplus31979
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM

What did they give you for pain? 

kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Naval have me Motrin.
The second er gave Percocet
kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Thats today
Jessplus31979
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:21 PM

oh dear god! That is AWFUL and extremely bruised and swollen. Yeah they def need to get you in but remember pain usually gets worse 24-48 hours after injruy. Make sure you keep it elevated (I am sure they told you the R.I.C.E. formula?) If not it is Rest, Ice, Circulation, Elevation. You rest it, ice it for 10 minutes and elevate it and heat it for ten minutes off and on. You can take the motrin and I am sure they gave you 800? If they did the percocet usually can be taken with it or what I did was 4 hours after but take it before the pain gets worse. Uh I so feel for you. 

kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:23 PM
It's awful right. I have a photo showing five min after the injury its uck

Quoting Jessplus31979:

oh dear god! That is AWFUL and extremely bruised and swollen. Yeah they def need to get you in but remember pain usually gets worse 24-48 hours after injruy. Make sure you keep it elevated (I am sure they told you the R.I.C.E. formula?) If not it is Rest, Ice, Circulation, Elevation. You rest it, ice it for 10 minutes and elevate it and heat it for ten minutes off and on. You can take the motrin and I am sure they gave you 800? If they did the percocet usually can be taken with it or what I did was 4 hours after but take it before the pain gets worse. Uh I so feel for you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)